Email validation script

$sender = ‘user@mydomain.com’; //Set me. <---- should be set to something else. Your email address.

Duh, right :slight_smile:

It’s not that I’m seeing a blank page, I have a client side script that notifies me that the form was submitted but I’m not getting that email form and the PHP script is not validating whether the email address is valid or not.

I’m not getting the email that the form sends out and neither is the form notifying me that the email address given was not valid, but that would require the PHP to have a mix of javascript to notify the user on the form. As my form previously stood, you could fill out anything in the form, or nothing at all and client script (JS) would tell you that the message was sent. Typically you see verbal message or the form fields highlighted when a part of a form is not filled out, that is what I want.

If I don’t enter in a CAPTCHA code the command to tell the user that the form was sent, tells the user the form was sent. Therefore CAPTCHA is not even working as it should, the basic of the form work but none of the security and vulnerabilities are in place. There has to be warnings in place on the form to tell the user if a field is not filled out and CAPTCHA is incorrect as well as the email verification as presently discussed about, I don’t know if all this relates to PHP ?

Well, it wouldnt necessarily need javascript to notify the user on the form - that’s what the $error variable is for.

If you’re wanting to check form variables BEFORE they’re submitted (Validate), you -will- need javascript. But Javascript shouldn’t be used for security checks, because it runs on the client side of things, and thus is more vulnerable to being hacked/bypassed.

Previously before adding the code from this thread to my PHP script, I was getting an email when the form was submitted, I’m not getting that email what is wrong with the PHP script that it’s not working ? Is the validation working?

What if you send someone a link in the email and if they click the link, then the email is considered valid? The link could be a simple $_GET request.

I’m not following… :slight_smile:

Hi SiberianH

Sorry for delay, i’m off to bed now but PM me your TV details tomorrow and i’ll take a look with you as to why your email has stopped functioning :wink:

Oh alright, TTYL.

quick question - I’ve been using this class for a few months now to test about 60 million email address that my company has on file. All of sudden it stopped working.

does it create some temporary file because i’m getting File size limit exceeded inside:

$results = $SMTP_Validator->validate(array($email), $sender);

Centos 5.7 and I have large file support