Embedding external content into site

Hi guys and girls,

So I’m not 100% sure if this belongs here, if not can the mods please move it to the appropriate section of the forums.

Basically I’ve been updating a website which references two searches located here and [URL=“http://www.realestateview.com.au/cgi-bin/search.pl?GID=117&Con=L&tp=dev/117”]here The problem I’m now facing is how to actually integrate these two pages into the site. It’s a plain html, css and some javascript on the website, previously it was using frames (hence they could load external content in the frame).

I’m not sure how I would go about inserting those two pages into the site i’m building, please offer some suggestions and advice on how I would go about this if you can.

One way to include an external page is with <iframe>, which creates a page within a page. This isn’t ideal, for a number of reasons, but it depends whether the files you want to include are on the same site as to whether other methods will work.

Is the page where you want to include these searches going to be on the same site/domain?

Thanks for the reply, I’ve been trying to work at this without having to resort to using a frame, whether it’s possible or not I have no idea. The searches are on another site/domain. I’ve attempted to copy the code directly but I guess it doesn’t work as it’s probably only meant to work on the other domain.

Next question - should you and do you have their permission to use their site in this way?

Yes and yes. It is a necessity for the site I am designing. The searches are customised for the business in the fact that when you do a search its result are properties from that exact agent.

If you go here and then click on the sales page and select “search now” you’ll get a better understanding of what I mean.

I’m guessing due to the lack of replies this isn’t possible to do.