Encoding issue

I need to add char value for '(right single quotation mark), so i have added ASCII value &rsquo.

It is working fine in firefox but in chrome it showing encoding issue, can anyone help on this.

Also tried with &#8217, &#039 and \u2019 - no luck

I assume that when you use the entity &rsquo you added a semi-colon at the end (’)

i know that for understading purpose i didn’t add that(if i add that it is changing to ’ mark in post)…:slight_smile:

Just making sure because that’s the kind of mistake that I could do (but don’t tell anyone, this will be our little secret. They believe I’m perfect around here and don’t want to disappoint… )

Anyway that we can see the code? Link? can you post it here? Which charset are you using?

hey it’s ok.

I unable to give the URL those are restricted and will not open in outside network.

That’s cool but if you could post part the code (I don’t need the data itself) or give more information (like the charset that the page uses) maybe I could try to find an answer

Does anyone actually believe that? :wink:

1 Like

Could it be something to do with the page’s charset? Is there a

<meta charset="UTF-8">

Type declaration up in the <head> ?

OK I just read @molona response, kind of duplicating you (Did I subconsciously do that because you’re so perfect?). But yeah, she’s right - without seeing some code or getting more details…

1 Like

I can see that you’re a fast learner… and that you recognize perfection when you see it :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.