Epiphany re text size

I confess I have a poor typing abilty and a poorer attitude about it - somewhat “reckless / careless” mistakes tend to always happen.

I have the habit of typing a post giving it adequate composing effort, posting it, proof-reading it,
rinse repeat until satisfied.

I realize now that the size of text in the editor is somewhat more difficult for me to read, or is it the contrast…
I find the rendered post to be more readable.

I think what I have done is that I developed this habit to compensate for my visual ability (or lack thereof); :eye:

Maybe there’s a way I can config Firefox to have a minimum font size / adjust contrast?

I CTRL ++. The editor font is tiny.
If you use Windows, you can change the contrast via the OS somewhere. There are plugins for browsers too. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/high-contrast/djcfdncoelnlbldjfhinnjlhdjlikmph or a theme https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/accessibility-features-firefox-make-firefox-and-we?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Accessibility#w_using-a-high-contrast-theme

But more often, I lose what I’ve typed, so it’s better (at least for me) to type separately in a text editor and when I’m close, copy-paste. I’ve lose what I’ve typed here I dunno how many times, and often I just gave up.

Thanks Stomme, ctrl + works a treat.

Text in the editor becomes much easier to read and the bolding solves the contrast issue. :slight_smile:

Another trick for reading is to ctrl-a (select all) the text.

The colours may either be set by the web author (on a web page via CSS) or by the browser and the windowing theme (for example, Firefox on Ubuntu with the “human” theme, which is browns and oranges, usually highlights text with an orange background and white text).

I also find the default size in the editor too small - and for PMs, it’s even worse. :rolleyes:

One of the things I most like about Firefox is that it remembers zoom preferences between sites. So I can use Ctrl + to increase the font size for SitePoint, and it will render larger every time I visit, but other sites will display at their “normal” size, unless I manually alter them, too.

How about using a custom stylesheet in Firefox to target the reply textarea?

Chrome does that too.

Or in Chrome. :slight_smile: (I’m on a theme here. :slight_smile: ) It’s not so convenient in Chrome, as you need an add-on, but it’s easier to do than in FireFox with that add-on.

But as far as I’m aware, Chrome doesn’t allow you to zoom text only. I don’t want to zoom images, too, but every browser apart from Firefox now seems to do that. :frowning:

Ah yes, true. Firefox now defaults to zooming the whole page, which is a pity. Seems it’s mainly to cover the butts of bad web designers.