Errorno: 256

Hi, I have attached a php_pdo_mysql.dll. you can try this one put it in xampp\php\ext.

how do i download it? im new to the forum.

oh i see it says…

Attachments Pending Approval

will have to wait till its approved then.

hope this works.

hi ive tried this dll file, but i still get the error message:

ERRNO: 256
TEXT: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active. Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll(). Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.
LOCATION: C:\ shirtshop\business\database_handler.php, line 93, at July 28, 2010, 8:37 pm
Showing backtrace:
trigger_error(“SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries whil…”, “256”) # line 93, file: C:\ shirtshop\business\database_handler.php
DatabaseHandler.GetAll(“CALL catalog_get_departments_list()”) # line 13, file: C:\ shirtshop\business\catalog.php
Catalog.GetDepartments() # line 21, file: C:\ shirtshop\presentation\departments_list.php
DepartmentsList.init() # line 16, file: C:\ shirtshop\presentation\smarty_plugins\function.load_presentation_object.php
smarty_function_load_presentation_object(Array[2], Object: Application) # line 5, file: C:\ shirtshop\presentation\ emplates_c\%%A5^A5A^A5A1C73D%%departments_list.tpl.php
include(“C:\ shirtshop\presentation\ emplates_c\%%A5^A5A^A5A1C73D%%depart…”) # line 1871, file: C:\ shirtshop\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php
Smarty.smarty_include(Array[2]) # line 44, file: C:\ shirtshop\presentation\ emplates_c\%%41^412^412F4E3D%%store_front.tpl.php
include("C:\ shirtshop\presentation\ emplates_c\%%41^412^412F4E3D%%store
…") # line 1258, file: C:\ shirtshop\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php
Smarty.fetch(“store_front.tpl”, null, null, true) # line 1108, file: C:\ shirtshop\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php
Smarty.display(“store_front.tpl”) # line 29, file: C:\ shirtshop\index.php

can you tell me what OS you are using?

yes I had the exact error message before. I have used it also in vista, it went fine also after this dll file. Have you uncommented some php_pdo dlls in php.ini?

this was the exact message you got right?

im using vista, it may have something to do with vista then?

I am using windows XP.

Can you show us the PHP that’s causing this error?

I am following the book of Cristian Darie’s Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce second edition and in his errata it says

PDO error on Windows: ERRNO: 256 TEXT: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 …
The PDO driver on Windows may throw the following error when you try to execute a stored procedure:

ERRNO: 256 TEXT: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active. Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll().

For development/testing purposes, the workaround is to use an unofficial version of the PDO driver. One version that I have found to work is (in a website called nolimitclubbing, sorry i cannot post a link) /lib_php/php_pdo_mysql.dll. You can download this file, copy it in c:\xampp\php\ext\ and restart the Apache server.

But I cannot access that link anymore to download the php_pdo_mysql.dll

Do you have any idea where I can get that file?

Thanks for replying.

I would try php.net to get the latest dll.

The php error message tells you two ways to not get the error. You tried them and they don’t work?

hi there,

i used the save link as to get the dll.

however when i put the dll in. i get the following error in my apache log.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library php_pdo_mysql.dll’ - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.\r
in Unknown on line 0

on the screen i get a

ERRNO: 256
TEXT: could not find driver
LOCATION: business\ database_handler php, line 35, at February 12, 2009, 12:59 pm
Showing backtrace:

Please advise.

Assuming your other dll’s are in the “ext” dir, is that where you put “php_pdo_mysql.dll”?

The reason I ask is that I have extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll uncommented in php.ini and the dll is in “ext”. I am not getting any errors. I installed php directly from the php.net dounload section and it worked out of the box.

I have gotten similar error messages so it sounds like you do have it correct.

I was never able to fix my errors but that was with php_ssh2.dll, I just gave up.

Your problem should be fixable though.

Hi,

thanks for replying.

yes i placed in ext folder of PHP and restarted the apache.

No luck.

i used another book from cristian darie on same topic using csharp dot net and i was highly impressed.

so i wanted to pick up php for building ecommerce site. hence i went back to cristian.

i am quite bummed out that this has happened and so early in the book with apparently no way out after much googling.

Try reinstalling php, php_pdo_mysql.dll should be part of the default package.

Did you get your php package from php.net?

No good.

Once i do that i get back the same error about the unbuffered query

Hi,

what i did on this error “error 256 could not find a driver” is I installed zend core, and the error disappeared.

Try this on a testdotphp(i cant post a link) and test if what will it print, if there is no mysql, then there is really no pdo_mysql driver installed.

<?php
foreach(PDO::getAvailableDrivers() as $driver)
{
echo $driver.‘<br />’;
}
?>

I dont know, i installed zend core. then it disappeared.

Could also someone tell me if what i did is right?

Thanks

Hi dgsmith

I have this error also, “ERRNO: 256
TEXT: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active. Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll().”

Have you reached at any solution yet?

thanks, vas gerakis.

Hi,

Yes, I have solved this one. Go to a website named cristiandarie and then the usual dot and then ro then slash then errata then slash then phpecommerce2 dot html. Sorry I am not allowed to write a website name.

using wamp server istead of xamp works on windows vista for me!

i wanted to know if anyone knows if this site can be loaded into dreamweaver to edit the design a bit? or would the smarty templating engine pose a problem with dreamweaver?