Errors while migrating a Rails 1.2.6 project

I have a client that is losing his hosting account in a few days when his hosting company shuts down. I now have to do a speedy migration of their Rails 1.2.6 site to a new host (Blue Host), but I can’t even get the site to run on my development server. The current roadblock is that I keep getting an error about an undefined constant, but looking at the source code it’s actually coming from a model that is based on another model, and the constant name in the error is the name of the parent model. Is there something I need to do to make sure this parent model gets pre-loaded or so that Rails can find it? It’s in the models directory along with the child model.

Also, is there any way to tell which gems are required in a Rails 1.2.6 project?

Wow… Rails 1.2.6? Your best bet is to freeze that version of rails into the vendor directory and run directly off of that on your new server.
Look up rails:freeze and rails:freeze:gems.

Hopefully whatever version of Ruby Bluehost runs is compatible with that version of Rails(Ruby 1.9.2 is known to be incompatible with some earlier versions of Rails). If necessary, you may have to temporarily spring for a VPS and setup the necessary environment until you can update the app.

I’ve already got the rails 1.2.6 gems installed into our BlueHost account, but freezing them is probably a good idea too.

Any idea why Rails can’t find this model file though? That’s what’s really killing me right now.

I was finally able to freeze the rails 1.2.6 gems after fighting through some additional errors, but I’m, still getting the same error that I was originally. Basically there is a model named Tag that is a descendant of UserLogging

# models/tag.rb
class Tag < UserLogging
  # ...
end

# models/user_logging.rb
class UserLogging < ActiveRecord::Base
  # ...
end

Anytime I try to start the server or the console I get the following trace:

/my_app/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant':NameError: uninitialized constant UserLogging
/my_app/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/module/aliasing.rb:28:in `alias_method':NameError: undefined method `process' for class `ActionController::Base'
/my_app/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant':NameError: uninitialized constant UserLogging