Exploring Textmate

Hi,

I’m currently using Dreamwaver to create my HTML and CSS sites and I like it but I would like to try an editor like Coda or Textmate. I have downloaded both and I’m currently trying to understand the differences between both but I think I will go with Textmate because of the price, one thing I have noticed though is that Textmate doesn’t have code hinting and I was wondering if it was possible to install a plug-in (bundle) to add code hinting for languages like HTMl, CSS, Javascript, PHP etc.

Can someone tell me if it’s possible to add code hinting in Textmate? I really need this functionality since I’m not an expert and I need that extra help.

Can someone explain how bundles work? Are they some sort of plug-ins?

Thanks a lot!

I always just Google this sort of stuff, since there’s little doubt it’s been talked about online. This was the first link I found:

http://www.davidpett.com/textmate-code-hinting-auto-completion/

Well, thats exactly what I did, not once a few time without any success, that link is for Actionscript.

Thanks a lot anyways I will try to do more research.

Another option you might want to consider is Netbeans

It is

1. open source and free

2. has code hinting, auto-complete for both core and user defined classes

and many other features.

Oops, sorry. :blush: Just from reading around and a few tests, there doesn seem to be some kind of code completion in TM. For example, in an HTML doc, if you type hr and then click the Esc key (top left corner) it completes it as href. Likewise, type cl and hit Esc, it autocompletes class.

Thanks a lot for trying to help!