Exploring the Webiny Framework: The StdLib Component

Hi!

Framework author here, thanks for your feedback!

We value everyone’s constructive criticism and are constantly looking to improve, so definitely keep it coming. We actually do use the framework to power our own site and some other experiments currently in beta, but I understand if that’s not too convincing, yet : )

To answer what I can.

Tries to fix PHP itself

• it doesn’t really, the StdLib component is more of helper to some common operations

Is not malleable to one’s needs because it depends on a ton of traits and static calls and

• actually the public API is rather simple, only one trait, but if you think it can we done better, please propose us the solution

Is hard to read because of it’s coding style (mix of camelCase and underscores), static/trait jungle

• we do follow the PSR coding standard, with the exception of defining the private and protected methods with a starting underscore (will probably drop that in the next release)

Why should a “data type” access super globals?
Why should a data type try to set http headers (without calling headers_sent()) and even call die()?

• they shouldn’t you’re right, we’ll address that in the next patch

If you do notice anything else, feel free to open a github issue on our account.

As I said, we are at the very start, our framework is not to compete with Symfony, or something like that, it’s designed for a different purpose, but we still decided to open-source it, 'cause we think we have created couple of useful tools for the community, and to get feedback.