External Javascript

Hi,

I have a javascript which is a onmouseover help tool that I need help inserting into my site, javahelp.js and picture I would need to be able to edit it. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

You’d normally link to an external script inside the <head> of your page or just before the closing </body> tag. I think you need to go into a lot more detail about what you need help with here, as it’s not clear. Are you having trouble with using the script itself?

I have the .js script with a icon that I’d like on my site to give users information when they hover over it. I just like to know the code to do so.

The HTML tag for that is:

<script src="path/to/file.js"></script>

Place it at the end of the body, just before the </body> tag.

What if there is no body tag? It’s a .tpl file, with this code given how would I be able to edit the text for each help box?

All web pages have a body tag. If it is not explicitly entered then the browser will add it.

The very last two tags in any web page are </body></html> so if those are not there (and are going to be added by the browser) then simply attach the JavaScript at the very bottom of the content.

I tested this on a normal page of the site and still will not work (nothing shows up) here’s the last code of the page. All the files from the script are javahelp.js, javahelp.css and helpicon.png

&lt;/div&gt;
	&lt;!-- Site Wrapper Ends --&gt;

<script src=“javahelp.js”></script>
</body>
</html>

Where did you get that javahelp.js script from?

If your source says src=“javahelp.js”, also make sure that the javahelp.js is in the same directory/folder as the page on which the link appears.

I bought it.

I don’t think this script is meant to work the way I want it to, I’m not even sure how I would be able to edit it all was given is <script src=“”></script> and I had plan to set this up with every field I have. Thanks for the help I might try to get my money back.