Facebook API Question

Hello all,

I am currently posting content to a users wall and a page that they are admin of. However I have just realized that the code I am using is posting the content to the page under the users name. This means the posts are being classified as “fan” posts. What I want is to post content on the pages wall under the pages name just like Twitterfeed does.

So the code I am using now is:

$return_code = $this->facebook->api_client->stream_publish($message, $attachment, $action_links, $data[‘fb_page_id’], $data[‘fb_connect_uid’]);

Where fb_page_id is the page id and fb_connect_uid is the user who allowed access to the page and is a page admin.

stream_publish does not seem to be the correct class to use if publishing to page wall under pages name.

Cheers

Marc

Far be it from me to turn you away from SitePoint, you are in need of expert API knowledge for FaceBook, so you are much more likely to find a solution from the FaceBook Developers Forum instead.

Hello all,

Any ideas?

Cheers

Yep - done that and still waiting for a reply. Sitepoint is a generic forum so posting a PHP question that happens to be about facebook API is still valid.

Cheers

marc

Yes, the question is valid. I’m glad that you posted at the FaceBook forum because people there will have much greater specific knowledge of the FaceBook API.

Good luck with your enquiry, but here and over there.

Thanks!

The facebook documentation is well known to be “light” with no real world examples so I hope someone can help. If I get it working I will post in this thread.

Cheers

marc

For reference, this is the FaceBook post, where it seems some permission assistance is being given.

http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=51314

Hello all,
This worked! Thanks to the “The Reaper” on the facebok developers forum

Facebook.showPermissionDialog(‘publish_stream,read_stream’, ‘ondone’, enableProfileSelector, [1234,2345]);

Read help guide here: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Facebook.showPermissionDialog

Cheers