Facebook ban! Please advise

Any experience on this issue? I tried to promote my business, but I was banned with no reason and with no explenation.

I Also experienced this one Check this out!

Contact Facebook support and they should at least give you some feedback.
Rod

Our systems indicate that you’ve been highly active on Facebook lately and viewing pages at a quick enough rate that we suspect you may be running an automated script. This kind of Activity would be a violation of Terms of Use and potentially of federal and state laws.

As a result, your account has been disabled. Please reply to this email with a description of your recent activity on Facebook. In addition, please confirm with us that in the future you will not scrape or otherwise attempt to obtain in any manner information from our website except as permitted by Terms of Use, and that you will immediately delete and not use in any manner any such information you may have previously obtained.

I’d be worth simply explaining to them that this is your first time offense and see if you can get some leniency.

Hopefully , they’ll give you a break. Has happened to me before too

If this is the email that Facebook sent you then it is very self explanatory. They think that you are using automated script to view information of other member at a very fast rate. Email them and state your side then maybe they will reconsider your account.

I would check you didn’t violate their terms of service, sending a friendly email would help you clear it up (perhaps you grew too quickly so they assumed spam). :slight_smile:

Our systems indicate that you’ve been highly active on Facebook lately and viewing pages at a quick enough rate that we suspect you may be running an automated script. This kind of Activity would be a violation of Terms of Use and potentially of federal and state laws.

I have to call this message out, automated scripts are not a violation of any law in the USA (or any other nation that I’m aware of), I read up a lot about such matters when I was writing automated chat room moderation software for MSN back in the day. While it may be a violation of their terms of usage to have one in motion (for obvious reasons - and valid ones, to reduce the likelihood of spammers) it’s certainly not a criminal offence - it’s actually pretty bad of them to make such a misguided legal claim, by stating it could qualify as criminal activity when no such legal presidence exists makes their own legal agreement seem rather “fluffy”. :slight_smile:

Perhaps not literally the script itself would be illegal but the output of the script. For instance, sending out so many requests that it causes problems/damages to their servers. Or you write a script that signs you up on sites that falsely identifies you, in some circumstances that can be illegal. Anyone can really add in that special word “potential”. I would like to see them give an example though, that would be pretty interesting to mull over.

But to get back to the point, I haven’t found anything that literally interprets that an automated script of any kind is illegal, even if it’s a hacking program, I don’t think it’s illegal to script it out but to use it could be. I guess Facebook wants to leave things broad in this case so that it can be up for interpretation if they ever ran into a larger issue.

While that could be true, very few people with social networking (or other web) accounts use their real details (due to privacy reasons), and there’s no legal presidence that says that information you submit to a website (which requires no financial transaction) should be accurate. The only way a script would be able to damage the servers would actually be to overload the servers (and that would constitute a DoS attack) but again, that wouldn’t be the intent of the script otherwise it’s function of interacting autonomously would be infringed. As far as I can see, the statement itself (broad or otherwise) is blatantly incorrect in how it’s directly associating scripts with illegal behaviour (on the basis that it’s non-human interaction). Let me put this to you…

Does this not accurately describe every search engine on the planet? In my opinion it does, an active automated script which views pages at fast rates (for the purpose of indexing). Based on what they are saying Google not only violate the TOS by navigating beyond a certain speed (or page views) which means they should not be considering Facebook for inclusion but their apparently doing so in a manner could be deemed illegal (as the process is automated by definition). :rolleyes:

contact with support@facebook.com

yeah am agree with support@facebook.com
but i think this email id is not working.

Just create new account but don’t put any direct link at your post.