Facebook basic signup problem

Went in and signed up at FB some time ago and after clicking the submit button, FB stated on the return pg. "We just sent you a confirmation email "

But they actually didn’t, and other emails are coming through so its not a problem on my end of things.

I hessitate to re-register. They might see it as a duplicate. This puts me in a quandary.

Suggestions?

Might sounds like a dumb question, but did you check your spam folder? I find all kinds of important things in there.

Checked both spam filter and deleted folder. Went in and signed up again, per FB help instructions later last night (they suggest a 2nd signup if you don’t get the confirmation email). I also verified it wasn’t blocked by my isp.

Same thing happened again so I contacted FB and they have yet to get back. Pretty much a brick wall for getting started.

just ask for another email confirmation. When you sign up, don’t close that page that says they sent you an email for confirmation until you actually have that email in your inbox or spam folder.

That page was kept open for hours… and they suggest re-registering if you don’t get the email confirm. Which I did. I still haven’t heard back from them. Nothing. This is more than difficult. Asking for another email confirm won’t get you anywhere.

How long did you wait for the email? I’d give them 24 hours just in case. I’d also try registering from another location/different IP. I’m kinda shooting in the dark here, but are you sure you didn’t mistype the email when signing up?

Please try from another IP address??

Sorry to hear about that. This seems strange. What could have been the problem. I have tried registering to facebook more than once, but I haven’t had this problem. I’m not sure I can help you here. But have you contacted facebook about your problem? Maybe it would be best to ask them personally.