Facebook forcing me to schedule post

This is actually happening to a client of mine. Suddenly, Facebook gives him a message after he types a status update and clicks “Post,” saying that it can’t schedule a post until he gives it a year, date, etc. It’s as though some setting was changed so that now the default behavior is to schedule a post as opposed to posting immediately, which is what he wants to do. Note: When I log into his account from my computer, it behaves normally. But I can’t see how the computer itself could make a difference. Any ideas why this is happening?

I think it’s his browser (IE), no surprise.

Laburke,

Did he try clearing his cache? It could be some kind of bug in the browser but usually if you clear the cache it takes care of quirky issues like this with websites. Also, there are some plugins and extensions available for some browsers (not sure about ie) that add features to social media accounts (like the chrome hootsuite assignments extension). Has he installed anything like that?

Alternatively, he could go to his scheduled posts, click the little arrow next to scheduling and click “post now”.

Several people in this thread also mentioned it was IE,

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10152647684885144

Best,
Shawn

Yes, it is a problem with IE.

The same thing happened to my VA as well.

Whenever he wanted to post something on my fanpage, it didn’t allow him.

On the other hand, I didn’t had any issues while doing the same from my end.

So I asked him to clear cache, change the browser and it worked.

On the other hand, you both can use Hootsuite to schedule updates to your fanpage.

It is a great tool to automate some of the tasks.

Thank you both! I had no idea it was happening to so many. I recommended he try Firefox but haven’t heard back whether that solved the problem. Also, I didn’t know about the “post now” option, good to know!