Facebook Group Monetizing?

Hey guys, I’m new here, just wondering if you could help me out a little bit.

I created a group about two years ago. It now has almost 120,000 members.

I was wondering if there is any way to sell a group like this. I’ve heard of it happening before.

Any advice or help you could offer would be much appreciated.

Before you head down the road of where to sell it or finding an interested party, you may want to read over the Facebook TOS. I’m willing to bet that the group remains the property of Facebook and you don’t have a right to sell it.

Let me know what you find out.

Hmm good thought. I had better head over and read that. I have heard stories of people selling groups on facebook for about 1¢ / member… Man i would love that deal. Haha.

Too bad its so hard to find anywhere where these kinds of transactions occur. I’d better go read the TOS to see if its even allowed, or maybe it isnt even mentioned…

EDIT: I looked at the ToS. They dont really mention anything that would seem to be applicable, so I suppose it should be fine. They have a section geared towards Fan Pages, but not one for groups.

That being the case, I imagine that you could post it on the SitePoint market.

Do you know of any deals like this every happening on the marketplace?

I’ve never seen it but I’m not in the marketplace very often.

Also, do you know which category to file it under?

Hi,

I never thought of the idea of selling your FB group but it seems interesting. But I think selling it with the price of 1cent per member is not feasible enough. It has to be a package deal and if you really intend to sell it in the marketplace, I guess you must provide what type of group you have and the interest of most members.

In this way, there can be a possibility that companies or institutions who needs to market their product or service in your type of group will be interested in buying it in a reasonable price.

Just a thought…

Hmm thanks for your insight. My group is targeted towards all members of a certain graduating class – as such, all members are teenagers and share the interests that teenagers do. (For example, I’m sure that a fun game would catch on very quickly.)

I’ve posted my ad on other forums, and have received a few people interested. They haven’t really suggested any prices yet, though-- so I don’t know what’s reasonable and what’s not. To be honest, I’d be happy with anything over $1,000. (If anyone would be interested in buying the group, feel free to email me at nick dot grewal at y mail dot com)

I think you should try out to find a person who need facebook promotion.