Facebook - How can i create a personal account from a business page

One of my client has an existing facebook (business) account and he wants to integrate his wall feeds into his website. And that involves of create an app at the developer’s page. I also realized that it’s impossible to create an app with a business account on Facebook.

So the only solutions that i can thought of is to create a Personal Facebook account from a business account and i’m not sure if that’s possible and how could that be done.

I couldn’t find any options that allows me to create a personal account from a business account. Does anyone know if there is any solutions for this situation? Because creating multiple account for the same user is violating facebook’s term of use. And my client doesn’t want to lost his followers / fans either.

Thanks for your attention

A business and a personal account are not the ‘same user’. Personal accounts are for individuals and Facebook pages are for groups and businesses. You can create a Facebook page for a business, a group, and an individual account without violating Facebook’s TOU. It is my understanding that using a personal page to promote your business is dodgy both for their TOU and your followers.

Hi Shyflower,

Thank you for your feedback. However, we’re not trying to use a personal account to promote a business thou. What i want to achieve is to create a personal account within the business account which has created and use that personal account as a developer to create app for the business page. So two accounts are completely irrelevant at all. I couldn’t find any better solutions to create app for the business account which has already created.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I just had another thought but not 100& sure how it can be done.

What i think i can do is login into the business account and add someone (another account) as a admin role and create an app. My concern will be how am i going to use the app id / access token for the business account’s page? cause the app ID that i’ve generated from different account doesn’t have anything to do with the business account right?

Please advices. thank you

Found another solution by myself.

Solutions:
Login to Business account and assigned admin role (manager) to a different facebook personal account (who must liked the page first or else it won’t work). Then create an app and integrated as “page tab”. And it works.

Great to hear you have found a slution on your own… Just a little thought, you can access almost everything that your ‘admin’ can access, because first of all, you are the owner of that page… When you create a personal account, which is not a business account, you can create a page that is actually integrated in your personal account- meaning, you can access this page by simple logging into your personal account. There is a tab on the lower left side of the your home page directing you to the page that you have created. You are the admin so you can do whatever you want. However, if you wish, you can still have somebody else to be the admin.

<snip>

I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s possible. I’ve tried that before as well but it never happened. There might be a small chance that you may get to do what your client wants you to, you just got to ask Facebook about it if it is indeed possible because that is a tough one.

What I will suggest you is to actually create a personal account, then create a page from it.

Merge the existing facebook page with the new page.

you can check this post on how to merge two facebook pages

http://www.nickykriel.com/blog/social-media/how-to-merge-two-facebook-pages-for-the-same-business/

Then create a tab on the page and insert your content using static HTML.

You can also use developers and create a facebook application.

The application can’t be integrated inside the page but it is something every1 can access.

You can create your personal account by using the business account you can use the exchange link in your profile.

you can create a separate account and give admins rights of your page to that newly created account.

<snip />

Hi,

You can use your personal facebook account or anyother account then make a page to promote the business of your client.
You can share it with your friends and can get maximum likes for that.