Facebook image usages

Just wondering, I had some company contact me about “sharing” a photo of theirs on Facebook. Now I purposely clicked the SHARE link as to give them credit and link-back for the image that we are sharing. How is it that some people are up in arms about sharing photos via Facebook. I don’t think they have much room to stand on when attempting to complain about SHARING a photo on Facebook do they? Even if copyrighted?

Thats good. I also used to share link on wall with others on something good request.

Did they contact you asking you not to share it, you mean?

Has anyone noticed that clicking the new Facebook Like button on a Ning Network (blog, etc) results in a random thumbnail image

Facebook image quality is too poor!! :frowning:

If they didn’t want you to share the picture… then why did they publish it on Facebook? I would assume that if their privacy setting were “only friends can view what I post” then I would understand why they’re upset… but not why FB doesn’t give a warning message saying “you can’t share this, it is private only for x’s friends to see”

But then, you said this is a company… they should want to spread out the word (and their name) as much as possible…

Hmmm… I don’t get it :slight_smile:

If anyone post any image, others can like it and share it. its natural and easy. if you don’t then make privacy on that image. Thanks.

The image was already ON facebook. I just clicked on SHARE on Facebook from their Facebook post and put it on my facebook wall (via sharing). They asked me NOT to share their photos. I responded saying “then why did you put the image on Facebook?”

Any image uploaded to Facebook automatically becomes the copyright of Facebook. This is in their terms and condition of use.

i think any images shared on Facebook are public. However, also have images that copyrights.

Keep in mind that because it is copyrighted by Facebook, you can use it within Facebook (as their terms allow), but you can’t just take it and put it on your own website.