Facebook like button. Problem in Opera

Hello guys,

Im having a big problem with Facebook Like button in Opera… Look at this scr:
It works perfectly on Chrome and FireFox while Opera does not like this button… If the button is “not clicked yet” it shows a proper button but when I click on it, then it begins…

If you need any additional information, just let me know.
Thanks!

PS this is what I use,

<div class=“fb-like” data-href=“{$config[‘site_path’]}/{$post[‘sp_id’]}/{$post[‘sp_slug’]}” data-send=“false” data-layout=“button_count” data-width=“auto” data-show-faces=“false” data-font=“arial”></div>

and from body

{FACEBOOK}
<div id=“fb-root”></div>
<script>
var fbappID = ‘{$config[‘site_fb_appId’]}’;
var fbchannel = ‘//{$config[‘site_domain’]}/channel.php’;
{literal}
window.fbAsyncInit = function(){
FB.init({
appId : fbappID,
channelUrl: fbchannel,
cookie : true,
xfbml : true
});
};

(function(d){
var js, id = ‘facebook-jssdk’, ref = d.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
js = d.createElement(‘script’); js.id = id; js.async = true;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/pl_PL/all.js”;
ref.parentNode.insertBefore(js, ref);
}(document));
{/literal}
</script>
{/FACEBOOK}

Hi superbk7, welcome to Sitepoint.:slight_smile:

Those 2 screenshots look the same to me unless I’m missing something :slight_smile:

Anyway it would probably be better if we had a link to the site so we could check it out and see if its a css question or not.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
Sorry for this late message.

This is the address to my site: http://chill-time.pl/
The problem exists only on Opera… Try to like any pic you want, you’ll se what is the problem

OK, so clicking the Like button in Opera opens a new page rather than just Liking the page. This presumably is a programming issue, so I’ll move this to the JS forum. :slight_smile:

HI,

The buttom seems to be working for me but I notice in Opera that once clicked it goes to double height. is that what you meant?

If so try this fix:

.button_count .like_button_dark .like_button_no_like .liketext, 
.button_count .connect_widget_like_button .liketext{margin-left:0!important}

Hm, odd. For me, in browsers like Chrome, nothing happens except that it’s confirmed I now “like” the page, whereas in Opera, a new blank page opens, without “liking” the content.

Yes that’s odd! When I click the button in Opera (PC) it turns into a tick but the button height double unlike other browsers and matches the drawing in the first post. I have the Opera 12.1 installed.

I’m really confused… It’s really odd when that button works without any problem with Chrome, FF and does not want to work with Opera?
Any suggestions how to fix it? Or any alternative code for like button?

So what, in your opinion, is the actual problem? I just realized my mistake: A new window opens if you are not logged in to Facebook in a particular browser so that you can log in. If you are already logged in, the like just gets sent through.

See if this code does anything different. It works fine for me in Opera:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fczill.tajm&amp;layout=standard&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme=light"
        scrolling="no" frameborder="0"
        style="border:none; height:21px; width: 450px;"></iframe>

ok, sorry the fix I gave in post#5 was done using opera’s dragonfly inspector but it didn’t show it was in an iframe so the code won’t work.

I’ve tested this fix in css terminal and it seems to fix the issue.

.fb_ltr {width:94px!important}

Thank you for your help.
This code works but… see this:

Try increasing the width:

.fb_ltr {width:401px!important}

You may have to tweak it so suit all.

Or as Ralph suggests above you would need to edit every iframe as required.