Facebook like button

I have an old website that I haven’t worked on or looked at for a long time. When I recently looked I found 5000 facebook likes and thought it might be a good idea to do a bit of work on it. The problem I have is I don’t know the facebook login or password and can’t find anything in the code to help. Have used all my email addresses to no avail. Any ideas how to sort this out. Would be really grateful for any suggestions.

Are the likes to a Facebook page or a page on your site with the Facebook like button?

Just go to forget option and type your mobile number for verification and you will get your old account back.

a page on the site with a Facebook like button

While the Like button can be tied to an app it doesn’t require any account to work so I’m not sure what you’re trying to log in for or accomplish here?

I want to link it to a facebook page and use their analytics.

So what login do you need then? Your own Facebook account?

I’m not sure if any account is linked to the like button, but I would like to link it to one. I know I got the button from the Facebook Developer pages and assume I need an account there.

No account is required to generate a Like button although if you are logged in to an account [which is the same as your regular Facebook account] the button can attach to an app.

Thank you for the link. Just found out I can liink the site, and the button, to a facebook page using meta tags. Many thanks for your help.

Problem apparently solved then? If not, let me know and I’ll reopen the thread.

THREAD CLOSED