Facebook Like?

Sorry, but we just don’t recommend black hat tactics here. Creating a fake Facebook Account, or for that matter, more than one personal account, can get you banned from Facebook.

From my understanding, Google can’t tell how many facebook likes you have anyway. All they can tell is how many people are linking to you from facebook. The only thing a large number of likes does for you (other than give you an ego boost), is that it helps create a “bandwagon” effect. The more likes you have, the more people will click to see what everybody likes so much.

How do you figure? Again I’ll point out that nearly every [over 9 in 10] interactions to a facebook page is via the wall which does not show any counts. You don’t see how many people like a brand unless you go looking… At which point it’s certainly going to add some validation but if your page is otherwise empty, posts unresponded too and a boring page, having 500,000 “likes” won’t change the perception.

We may be talking about two different things here. If I (or someone else) posts a link to my website on my/their facebook wall and it gets “liked,” those likes definitely show up with a link count. If they “like” my website on the actual website’s page, that also posts to their wall and the number of likes will show up there if other people then “like” that link to the page. They also show up on the wall of everyone who “liked” it with link counts.

You are right, though, that it doesn’t show how many people liked a brand - just the number of people who liked a link pointing to a page. And, as you rightly point out, people who like a particular brand’s page will have a like count on that particular page. Some people, because of the bandwagon effect, will visit a webpage, see a ton of likes and assume it must be a good place because of a high number of likes. Many will “like” it, as well, simply because it seems to be the thing to do. Unlike me, quite a few people are very liberal with their “likes.”

Sounds like we’re on a similar page… The majority of the posts to the thread seem to be about getting page likes but I’d absolutely agree that getting interactions with a specific item is a good thing.

No. of likes is not a matter any way. You can even buy many likes from fiverr.com
Regarding SEO, Google has announced that if you get more Google"+", it will be a nice thing for SEO. In a webmasters central video by Matt Cutts said that a link from social media is counted as a link from any other site. Another one thing to remember is that many pages are not publicly displayed. So links from these pages would not be counted

Right. A link is one thing and they are counted (some are no followed, though). A “like” cannot be counted, though.

I’m not sure I follow… SEO should be the last concern with social, you’ve got customers, fans, prospects all right in front of you to work with already.

SEO is always a concern. Sure, you may get some direct traffic with social networking and that’s great. You are also looking for the links that those people will generate to your website and the links from those links, and so on, and so on …

Don’t under-estimate the importance of discovery. People only search when they are looking.

Let’s keep this thread on topic about Social Media – Facebook “likes” in particular – and away from Google and SEO. If you wish to discuss SEO, please start a thread in Internet Marketing to do so.

make your page interesting and joint the groups related to your page.
you will see increment in fan base rapidly…

Having constant activity and allowing people to come up and post interesting content is the best way to get more likes or you can ask others to call their friends to like you. The other ways are to use sites such as youpluslike which allow you to create your own campaign using coins which you earn through either liking others, +1 others, watching youtube videos, subscribing others youtube channel, tweeting their tweets, following their tweeter ids etc or you can buy coins using paypal.

Hey
in order to get more likes, you need to update the page.
i mean to write short interesting posts, helpful facts, etc.
the power of the like can be very important for the page and the site you promote.

be careful from buying likes, mostly they won’t bring you the right people who will eventually buy your product/service.

The best way is to make sure you are always posting new things and replying to everyone. When people see that you are active they will tend to Like your page more often.

You can surly get traffic from fb likes.Remember when someone likes your page,all his friend will get to know about your page and some of them might visit and like your page which in turn again attract more people.It will create a chain of visitors if done properly

If you want more facebook likes some paid tools available…

Such as? …

Create more latest & interesting information on your page. Give invitation to all of your friends to like your page. Ask them to like your page from their friends… I think this is the best way to increase like on your page.

Try making it viral with funny shares.
Use a cheap PPC campaign, shouldn’t be expensive.

I wouldn’t turn to Fiverr and the rest, I’m too scared one day Facebook could spot the fake followers.