Facebook marketing - what to do

Hi ya

Outline:
We are tossing up whether to advertise on FB through placing a sponsored post. The product is not actually part of our FB page so therefore we cannot create a FB ad. (please correct me if I am wrong).
We have a separate website for the product <snip /> and we would like to get more exposure for this website.

Facebook came to mind. Our audience ages range from 18-60 years.

Queries:
I have read pros and conds regarding paying for a ‘sponsored post’ and how it is modeled. We only have 200 likes on our page and I wondered whether you think this is a sufficient number to try a sponsored post.

Alternatively, we could create another category (tab) on our Facebook page but I’m not sure whether we can promote just a category of a FB page or whether we are required by FB to advertise a full FB page.

I’d be grateful for your advice.

Cheers

Facebook is both a social and an advertising platform and while the two intersect, one does not drive the other. People come to interact with people & things they like while companies who advertise often want them to go elsewhere… it’s an inverse equation and you need to understand that dynamic as it will impact your goal of external traffic.

That said, Facebook reaches a lot of people so using it as an ad platform isn’t entirely bad thing and in fact it can be quite profitable marketing.

There is no requirement that something be on Facebook or that you even have a Facebook page to advertise. You can buy media on a CPC basis and point it to a url.

In terms of sponsoring content there are two three here. First we have promoted posts which just insure more visibility to your current fans. At 200 ans if your content is at all relevant you’re already getting most of their attention so no need to worry about promoted posts, yet. Then there’s sponsored stories which can reach connections, connections of connections or interest groups much like a sidebar except that it’s in the stream and thus a premium rate. You can also grab a standard sidebar ad.

The win of Facebook is two fold: targeting and engaging. Targeting would allow you to reach people who mentioned NZ but didn’t live there; hone in on their age, vocation, whatever… It’s great reach but it gets fun when you use it to take people back to something on Facebook that they can do. Most people will never buy, clicking away is a distraction but if you can build up a reason to follow, that’s big.

To be frank, if this was my business I’d spend more time on the site before advertising it, especially to an awareness driven audience. Perhaps a better route it to promote your Facebook page which I’d hope has more engaging content?

Hi there Ted

Many thanks for your feedback. Very helpful and insightful.

Cheers

Your Face Book marketing will be strong by Branding,Fan page promotion, sharing likes,optimized profile ,creative pictures,strong and positive comments and Face Book ad campaign.

Flissf,

You can advertise an external page on your website or your Facebook page with a Facebook ad. There isn’t a restriction in this regard. You simply have to follow their advertising guidelines. So the landing page must be relevant to the ad, you can’t mislead people and the landing page cannot be a PDF document. If you follow these and other policies, you can advertise an external page. You don’t even have to have a Facebook business page to use this feature.

Here are their policies,

https://www.facebook.com/help/196334053757640/

Best,

Shawn

OK.

I have created the ad in FB and have directed the link to the ad image to our FB ‘About’ page. Although all the information on our About page is not completely focussed on the ad info, I have placed the Ad info at the top of the about page so the ad will not appear deceiving. The text link in the ad directs to the actual website URL.

Cheers

You can share your product information by joining groups in Facebook even you can also share your product information on the other Facebook pages related to your product.

Make sure that you are active, that you are always looking for new ways to get people to visit your Facebook page and hopefully do business with you.

Also share your facebook posts on twitter using tweets, this will help you to get extra traffic.