Facebook vs Linkedin?

The question is very similar to asking which is the better form of transport - a bicycle or a space shuttle. As with that transport question the question about facebork vs linkedin has an answer of either depending on what you are trying to achieve. The two have almost as little overlap in their purpose as the shuttle and bike do.

Facebork does not and doesn’t even try to do what linkedin does so if what you are after is what linkedin exists to do then there is only one choice.

Ted you’re making excellent and well informed points, which I totally agree with, but you might as well be speaking Swahili for all the impact they’ll have.

If that’s true, then how do you explain that every major brand on the planet has a FB page (except google, but I’m sure you know why that is). IBM want to look unprofessional? Microsoft? Coca cola? Adidas?

FB is one of the most recognisable brands ever, worth over $100Billion, in what way does this fail to meet your personal definition of whats professional and what isn’t? Do you have a FB page?

Facebook wins hands down.

I don’t get the popularity of Linkedin, it’s such a tacky social site

Facebook is far more better than linkedin. As far as I know Linkedin was made for a business and jobseekers, it is a means of letting them both unite into one social networking site. Facebook is more easy to use and more user friendly making all kind of people use it.

Haha and thanks. Luckily most of the day I get paid to make the ideas happen… regardless of what language they seem to come across in. So I’m willing to deal with a little “wool over the eyes” when I come chime in here :smiley:

If that’s true, then how do you explain that every major brand on the planet has a FB page (except google, but I’m sure you know why that is). IBM want to look unprofessional? Microsoft? Coca cola? Adidas?

FB is one of the most recognisable brands ever, worth over $100Billion, in what way does this fail to meet your personal definition of whats professional and what isn’t? Do you have a FB page?

Still waiting for an answer stephen, perhaps you’ve been busy.

Love and use both networks, but I definitely go to LinkedIn when I have the “professional hat” on. No longer can you count on job postings and resume boards like Monster/Dice/CareerBuilder. Now you have to be proactive to find good resources via LinkedIn. I definitely encourage my network of friends to build out their LinkedIn profile because that will probably be where there next job finds them.

i found this article searching for how many people are on linkedin, and also looking into linked in vs facebook for business.

i see it is now a few years old, and wanted to note that HP’s Facebook page now has over 665,000 fans, while their linkedin page has over 52,000 followers.

i have been hearing of linkedin being the next big thing for businesses, but as a small business owner, i have yet to see any indication of that happening. is it still in the works? am i missing something? what’s the current outlook?

Facebook - Best from all other social and business networking websites.

Facebook wins …!!!

Twitter is far below technologically than Facebook, but despite this, both are so high…
But I personally prefer the sophistication of LinkedIn for business purposes.

My vote for Twitter. Superb mini social network media.

i voted facebook but i think twitter is a close second

I still prefer to Facebook, with more users and popularity. Also you can see and compare how the splendor of business on Facebook.

Facebook is the best social networking website.

the question is “which networking site is more powerful in professional way?”
so my answer is Facebook no Way
it LinkedIn where professionals roam around.

For me LinkedIn is good. Facebook is also good but LinkedIn is better in terms of business.

According to me linkedin better than facebook, because linkedin business network website but facebook all types of user website.

i vote linkedin better social media website. if you know more about any user then u send request that user but facebook open all types because facebook need large no. of user. not quality

Facebook is far more popular and visited.

Face book is the best social Networking.