Factors to be kept in mind while designing a website

I want to know about the factors which should be kept in mind while designing a good website that can attract more customers.

Please give your suggestions if any.

Color combination is very important and more important is choice of colors based on theme of a website. You may learn about color theory for web design over some articles - search on Google

you have to create a catchy nice layout with a corporate design theme, font color that not hard to read, also know your demands of your client and what the requirements of the project… also if the site is done, put a good content…

Always keep in mind when design website

1. User Friendly
  2. SEO friendly
  3. Professional Looks
  4. Create website for all device using latest technologies like responsive website design

If you want to design stunning and eye-catching website then you should consider following things:

1. Right color combination
  2. User friendly navigation
  3. Responsive web design
  4. Perfect place for each components like Social box, search etc
  5. Simple and clean

Thank you for all your suggestions . They will be really helpful to me.

I think you should have knowledge regarding it as per your web design and development company which displayed in your signature and you should share with other people who don’t have knowledge regarding it but from your question I think you are working for them. Well, here are most important factors which should keep in the mind during designing a website :

Selection of platform on which website will be built.
User friendly navigation.
Attractive but simple Web Design.
SEO Friendly Web Design.
Salability by designing case studies, testimonials on the website.

[font=calibri]The first thing to do is to draw up a business plan. This doesn’t sound as sexy or exciting as choosing colours and fonts and graphics, but it’s much more important.

Before you start working on a single page, you need to decide who your target audience is, what your website is going to do, why people should come to your website rather than any other, and how you are going to make money from your site (if that’s what you want to do).

That last one is critical. So many sites are set up on the basis of “building an engaging community”, or some such ephemeral thoughts, without any concept as to what is going to keep the site going in the long term. After a little while, the site owner gets fed up of putting time and effort into the site and (understandably!) wants to get something back, but because the site has been built without a business model, there’s often no obvious or easy way to make money from it. At best, the site will resort to adverts, but you need a lot of traffic to make any serious money that way – at worst, the site will try charging visitors in some way or other, and that very rarely works out well unless you have a really special site that people are going to be prepared to pay for.

Once you know who you want to be using the site, what you want them to get out of it, and what you want to get out of it yourself, you will be in a much better position to put together a site that looks and feels like it has a good strategy behind it and all works properly. The best looking site in the world will fail dismally if it doesn’t have a decent strategy.[/font]

I am thankful for your suggestions. Yes, We are running a web design and development company and i have worked on designing websites. I know these factors but i want to take suggestion from others about what they think are most desirable and important factors which would be beneficial for us and would be liked by our clients.

Most important points:

• Create web design with latest trends
  • User friendly
  • SEO freindly
  • Color Combination - professional look
  • Custom Requirements

A good and clear navigation. Strong internal links will make your website user friendly and search engine friendly.

Excellent advice, this is key.

Put less focus on the overall design and make sure the usability of the website is clear. I love websites when I am a first time visitor and everything is clear where I should go and what I should do to receive what I want. By the way professional looks should also is still important.

Font size ,colour , Mobile optimization , Seo Optimization ,user friendly etc

The Top 10 Things To Consider When (re)Designing Your Website

1-Establish the aim of your website

2- What is the purpose of the site

3-Know your target market

4-Establish the theme of your website

5- Pick the right domain name

6- Find the right web host

7- Make your site search engine friendly

8- Use pictures, maps, visuals and colors.

9-Decide who will maintain your website

10 Make your website easy to use

<snip>