Farewell to Someone Special

I just thought to check the News and Announcements (for a public announcement). That shows that I really need the rest!

Yes, it was a personal decision to step down from staff. As this post indicates, I’ll be around but at a much reduced frequency. I have to say that the response to my decision has been overwhelming … and greatly appreciated. :blush:

I’ve found that SitePoint members and staff are great and consider most among my friends (there were those who deserved infractions but those were the rarities that a moderator must deal with).

I want to thank the entire Hosting Team for their support over the years (Wyatt, that means you, too!) and let people know that this group is highly motivated and widely knowledgeable - they are top people!

I will close this with my public congratulations to Rémon on taking over the responsibility for the Hosting Team. Like all the members of the Hosting Team, Rémon’s contributions have not been constrained to the Hosting boards but have spanned the forum. In particular, though, Rémon’s “secret” contributions to aid moderators have also been considerable. I am leaving the Hosting Team in good hands.

Regards to all!

DK

David, best wishes to you and your future endeavors.
Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put in to the SPF. :wink:

DK, Even though I’m a newbie, I feel your importance to the community. Good luck to you and God bless especially to the real World!

There, fixed that for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anthony, that’s just TOO KIND of you. I’m sure that Rémon will appreciate it very much :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to see you stepping down David and thanks for all you’ve contributed here! I sure hope we still get to see you around here from time to time and congratulations to Rémon on the promotion!

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for all your hard work DK, and best of luck in future endevours.

dklynn, I remember almost 10 years ago you were one of the first members that I recall when I first joined the community. A shame to see you step down, really hope you will rejoin the team in the future. Whatever may be happening in your personal life, I wish you all the best.

Wow Pedro… long time not see :slight_smile:

being new to the forum i feel as i have missed some one important, DK wish you all the best for the future.

I wish you good luck