Fatal error: Out of memory?

Can someone help me with this?
I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25427968) (tried to allocate 12543303 bytes) in /homepages/

Here’s the phpinfo() settings:

max_input_time -1 -1
memory_limit 128M 128M
post_max_size 8M 8M
upload_max_filesize 2M 2M

I’ve tried to add this to either and both php.ini and .htaccess files:

[B]php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value post_max_size 10M

upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M[/B]

But then I get an error page and nothing changes the phpinfo() settings.

What puzzels me is “momery limit” is 128M isn’t that enough to (allocated 25427968) (tried to allocate 12543303 bytes)?

Thanks

Are you trying to install something or something just stopped working, that was previously working properly. If its the ladder than most likely there is an infinite loop somewhere. An infinite loop is normally the cause of such error on what was previously working. Otherwise, if your installing something you may in fact need to up the memory limit. I know I had to do that when installing Magento. I put it at something outrageous and switched it back after install. When you change it restart apache. If its still not taking than you may be in the wrong config file. Normally there are a few, that are just for example. Only one of them is actually the one in use though.

Yeah, in agreement with oddz, make sure you don’t have any if($constants) or anything of the sort. I too had that issue with magento oddz :P.

Nothing changed, just trying to connect to a data feed to keep a database up to date. So yea, I’m trying to install a database.

I think upload_max_filesize 2M 2M low. I’ve been trying to up it.

Unless the problem occurs when uploading files max_upload_filesize is not something you need to concern yourself with. It sounds like you’re creating a lot of objects/recourses but don’t clean them up properly.

Also note that PHP <= 5.3.0 has real troubles garbage collecting circular references (object A refers to object B, and object B refers to object A). Because the interpreter is not sure whether it could clear out the objects they’ll remain in memory and if that happens often enough you’ll clog the 128M in no time.