Favorite Blog Format? For Writing Content?

Which blog CMS do you like to write content? Drupal? WOrdpress? Joomla? Which is best for you. SEO friendly and otherwise.

I haven’t tried Drupal yet but I’m using WOrdpress and Joomla. They are user friendly.

Really depends on what your objectives are. You are talking like a programmer, not a writer.

Content strategy dictates the CMS. It ain’t the other way around. It especially isn’t the one CMS you specialize on.

Without content creators, there would be no need for a CMS. Yet surprisingly, this user group is often the worst served by a new content management system.
— Knowledge management consultant James Robertson

You need to know a range of CMS packages to recommend the right one for the situation. Each has strengths, weaknesses. What you are asking is the “answer from the back of the book.”

For example, there’s a CMS that is not bad for video. It’s not well known.

There’s another for adding a simple editor window clients can log into, and you can add very easily to any Div-based design.

Drupal is good for a community based site. Joomla is not bad for a single organization portal. Wordpress is good for putting up pages of content. Depending on your content strategy, any could be useful.

Despite protestations to the contrary from every one CMS shop, no one is good at being everything to anybody.

Agreed these are my favorites too.

I wonder what content management apps would look like if they were built as if writers existed.

I’m using Wordpress and I’m very impressed with it so far. It’s not too difficult to learn (compared to Drupal and Joomla), and there are loads of themes and plugins available. I find the All In One SEO Plugin especially useful.

WordPress is one of the best SEO supported Blogging Platform as long as its a self-hosting blog. If you are not ready to invest, then Blogger.com is another place where you can enjoy you blogging. Since with blogger you will enjoy the ease of blogging and can migrate to WordPress self-hosting plan when ever you are ready!

My vote goes for Wordpress and of course it is SEO friendly.