FB Biz Page: Simple Problem, Not-so-simple Solution

Hello all,

I’ve been tasked with growing a realtor’s social media presence. Her assistant made a FB biz page but did not create it through a personal FB account. I am trying to change the admin settings for the biz page so the realtor’s personal FB page is also the admin (and not just the email account the assistant used to create the page).

Normally, it seems the answer is quite simple: Edit page –> manage Admin roles –> add another admin –>enter the new admin’s email. However, when I enter a new email, the following message pops up:

“We weren’t able to add all your new admins. You can only add your friends or people who already like this Page. [Email] could not be added as an admin. The email may be invalid, you may not have permission to look up this person using their email, or they may already be an admin of this Page.”

The error message is odd because the accounts I try to empower as admins have already liked the biz page, and you can’t be Facebook friends with a biz page. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thank you all for your time!