Fear is the mind killer

Okay, gratuitous quote.

Besides angry gorillas, rattlesnake bites and getting your pantcuff caught in your bike chain, what are you afraid of?

Birds still cause me an irrational panic sometimes.
Stagnant water to a much lesser degree.

Oddly enough, animated GIFs disturb me, but it’s not really frightening or enraging.

You can cook cold foods…

Heights and my biggest one fire. I am so scared of fire that I won’t light matches or even cook in case I get burned or something.

Are you afraid to say it… :x :shifty:

fear is the key, according to McLean :shifty:

i don’t know… can’t say i go 'round being scared…

Yup, definitely. I think it’s the thought of what will happen after I die that is what I fear. Will I go to a heaven or hell if there is one? And if there is will that mean that I will get to look down at the Earth and watch the World go by as if it was something to entertain me whilst in the afterlife? Or will that be it, the end, and I won’t be there, no soul, no feeling, nothing. My soul won’t magically lift out from my body and start wandering the streets or flying around enjoying my afterlife…There will be nothing.

And of course, the thought of the future of the World. A day after I die there may be an amazing invention thought of that would change the world. The people who were alive in the Roman times or the Victorian times would never have imagined what we have today and the thought that there will be something in the future, within the next 200 years, that will be invented and come about at a time when I won’t be there to experience or see it. I won’t exist anymore, because I’ll be dead.

It’s an iffy subject thought. We should probably leave it at that!

Andrew Cooper

Big Black Hairy Stalking Spiders - Particularly Harvest Spiders (that just jump on you), Our Garden Toads/Frogs (that just jump out of nowhere at you) & Fear of the Unknown :shifty:

Yea I know that one Conrad. Yuck. But it is not so much the huge critters on the screen, it is really more the true life size ones. They run so fast and are unpredictable in where they are running to.

Super cheesy movie for you: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099052/

It is easy for me, I do not believe in an afterlife.

Yes, I just changed my avatar to fit the theme :smiley:

I love licorice with a beer, yum.

Death is not what I fear at all. Once you die it is just all gone, the world has stopped for you.

Spiders. I have gotten much better, I look at them deliberately, but that feeling in my stomach has not left me yet. I fought this all my life.

We have huge spiders here in Florida and their bites can be bad, so the fear is not totally irrational. I used to not even be able to look at pictures or images in movies, but I now can, I am still working on this phobia.

Even though I am a certified Scuba Diver, the open ocean still manages to fill me with a sense of awe/fright.

Heights and flying scare me. I’ve never been on a plane, and when I’m decorating can only go 3 rungs up the ladder before I freeze rigid.

Datura’s title is chock full of sagely and subtle advice.

Licorice is awesome. Just love the licorice. I like it with like an orange Starburst at the same time.

Rollercoasters are a real frightener for me, as are yobs (teenagers that go around with weapons like bats and knifes wearing tracksuits talking in a barely legible language, smoking cigarettes and pot on the streets, drinking at 3PM in the afternoon on the street and fighting with each other).

Right now, and something that is often on my mind is death. I fear death.

Andrew Cooper

Note to staff: Hang starfish on the x-mas tree at the SitePoint x-mas party! :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing I fear is fear itself! :smiley:

Actually, Bees and Wasps creep me out (I got stung as a kid and since then I’ve never much liked them). I wouldn’t say their scary though, their just irritating. :slight_smile:

I was “touched” by the jellyfish this month…Ouch !

I’m scared of sea animals.