February Photo Challenge:Winners Announced!

[edit] I feel like the March Hare! I’m late. The February challenge is closed, but the poll is open from now until next Monday. Please vote to select the winner of this photo challenge!

Our March Photo Challenge is open nowThe March topic is "Blue". Enter for a chance to win some great SitePoint prizes![/edit]

Happy New Year in Gong Xi Fa Cai (Mandarin) or Gong Hey Fat Choy (Cantonese)

Chinese New Year is celebrated all around the world and @John_Betong ; has found a way for us to celebrate it at SitePoint, as well.

Show how you celebrate Chinese New Year with your photos. We’re celebrating by adding some great new prizes for this month’s Photo Challenge winner and runner up.

Our winner has a choice of any of the prizes below. Runner up receives their choice of our selection of ebooks or the coveted SitePoint coffee mug.

1.One subscription to SitePoint’s Learnable. Learnables are online courses that span the range of web development from getting started with PhotoShop or vector art to Designing or Programming your website. Browse the SitePoint ebook library here.

1. Your choice of SitePoint’s Ebooks. Our latest is JumpStart Sinatra. If you’re coding in Ruby, Sinatra will make your codebase sing. Browse and view sample ebooks here.

2. If your thirst goes beyond learning, choose the SitePoint Coffee Mug, carefully packaged with loving hands and shipped directly to you! See it here!

February is a short month and this challenge ends on the 28th so post your photos now. We’ll post a poll the first week in March where our members will vote to choose the challenge winners!

Since I’m actually celebrating Chinese New Year, I thought of sharing our office decor as we welcome the Year of Snake. :slight_smile:

This is the dragon I saw in the Tesco-Lotus carpark, Bangkok:

@Wayne_Liew;

Nice. But I’m a rat and I see myself waiting a few years to get to mine :stuck_out_tongue:

@John_Betong; Now, that’s a dragon :smiley:

I actually think the coming year is Snake, not Dragon.

It is, but parades always have dragons that resemble the animal of the year.

Our two green tree pythons.

Chinese see dragons as an animal that brings prosperity so they are always there every Chinese New Year regardless of what year it is. :slight_smile:

Yes this is the Year of the Snake:

Special Note: This is not an entry to the competition, just an image that I like :slight_smile:

Hi.

Please be kind? I drew this Chinese New Year dragon to wish all people who celebrate Chinese New Year to have a SitePoint happy dragon bringing them health, happiness, and good will :slight_smile:

Here it is:

Cool, of course since it isn’t a photo it isn’t eligible to be judged in the challenge but nonetheless, COOL! :cool:

No, sorry I should have put it in that post that I did not expect to be in the Photo contest with it. Our city doesn’t have a Chinese parade for New Years so unless I travel to a Chinese New Year’s festival, it is unlikely that I will be able to enter a photo, so the drawing is about what I can do :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Steve

No need to be sorry! I’m glad you shared it! Thank you! Just wanted all to know that our photo challenges are open only to photos. People can post any relevant images they like and the two posted of Dragons are great (i’m partial to dragons!), but for our ‘challengers’ rest assured that only your photos will be in the poll! :smiley:

No Chinese dragons so here’s one from Carnival, which happened here a couple weeks ago.

That is one scary photo, I think I will sleep with the lights on tonight :slight_smile:

Wow! That is really a cool dragon. I would have loved to see the whole costume! Beautiful work… great photo!

Here’s a one I took in London’s Chinatown on Chinese New Year’s eve! No dragons i’m afraid, but lots of lanterns!

Wow, that probably looked gorgeous at night!

Looks very good and no snow :slight_smile:

I’ve always admired the way the Chinese use oranges and reds.They really know how to make colors “pop” balloons or not! :slight_smile: