Feedburner?

I have RSS feeds like mad on my sites, but it seems that tons of folks are using some nonsense called “Feedburner” and I can’t seem to grasp what the benefits of it are.

Can someone summarize a form of “Feedburder for Dummies” for me? Thanks. :smiley:

Automatically notify subscribers when new articles are added to your blog and site. Notify your followers on Twitter and promote your photos on Flickr. Feedburner’s powerful features add yet another tool to your marketing arsenal.

You can read more features of FeedBurn on this post I found in Google: 7 Useful Feedburner Features for Bloggers

To your success.

Its a RSS directory where bloggers submit the feeds of their blogs and whenever there is a new update on the site, its being updated on this directory as well. It serves an automatic social bookmarking of your blogs via RSS. It is beneficial because you dont have to enter the URL of your new posts as its automatically fetch by the site.

I would recommed checking out the following guide to know in more detail about what feedburner can do for you:
How Feedburner Works

If you want to send your updates to your followers. Then Feedburner is the best option for you. If anyone subscribe with your feedburner, then they will be starts to receive emails for each of your updates in your blog/site.

[QUOTE=Can someone summarize a form of “Feedburder for Dummies” for me? Thanks. :D[/QUOTE]

"This site clearly explains all about feedburner for Dummies.
http://mindshake.org/feedburner-for-dummies/
Bulldog Marketing: Feedburner for Dummies

Feedburner is Google alternative to its own blogger feeds.
Not sure which one works best.

Both work about the same.

My issue would be how to get more subscribers and have them KEEP coming back and not unsubscribe so often. The blog in question has daily updates on par with current news events and such. But I seem to can’t get and stay over 300+ subscribers yet the site gets about 7000 uniques a day.

One of the benefits of Feedburner is that you can take feeds from blogs that you write and use Feedburner to post them directly to your Twitter account without needing to install an additional script on either the blog or twitter to do it. Useful where you have a blog where you don’t have access to install a twitter feed plugin on it.