Few problems with site, help is appreciated

Hey, I have a simple coming soon page that I just put up.

I am having trouble with a few things and would greatly appreciate help.

The URL is: http://glassiator.com/ec/index.php

First of all, I am new to CSS, and Javascript.

Here are my problems:

1. I am trying to bring the man div down about 50px, but everytime I add a margin-top, it brings the whole page down, and then there is blank space at the bottom and a scroll bar for some reason scrolling into nothing.

2. I want to center the text input area, and the send button, but I havent figured out a way to do that, I have just been setting the margin-left to about 47% and it seems to look fairly good, but I would rather have something that is more accurate if possible.

3. After someone enters an email address, and clicks submit, AJAX is used to automatically send a “Thank you” message on the page. The only problem is that the text area and submit button and “Enter your email address” text are all still there. Is there a way to replace all of that with the “Thank you” message?

4. Lastly, I am trying to include LiveValidation, so while you type your email address, I can send a message to the browser. I can’t figure out how to implement it. I downloaded it, and uploaded it to my server, and I included a link to the script at the top of my .php file, but I can’t seem to get it working. The link for what I am trying to do is this : http://livevalidation.com/examples#exampleEmail

Anyways, that is all of the questions I have for now.

If anyone has any suggestions or criticisms, please let me know.

Thank you

-Steve

Oh, then set text-align:center on the parent and since the input is a (replaced) inline element it will center

I don’t have time to test realy so this will be blind (I’m feeling psychic today though)

1. You are running into a margin collapse, the parent needs a top 1px padding(not the element which you are setting the top margin on, the parent of that)

2. Why not just text-align:center on the input?

3. You would have to look into JS for that, but you should be able to use JS to do this quite easily (head on over to the JS forum for more information

4. Is that a JS script? See above even if it isn’t (if it’s PHP then go to the PHP forum here) :slight_smile:

Ok, got the first one to work. For the second one, the input and the submit button, I dont want to center the text, I want to center the actual text input area