FIFA World Cup semi-final: Germany vs. Spain

It took a while, but they’re finally here: the FIFA World Cup semi-finals!
Wednesday will be Germany versus Spain, and it going to be a heated match between tempremantal
Spain and the calculating Germans.

What we’ve seen from Spain so far is quite good (except for their loss against Switzerland of course), but will it be good enough to beat Germany?
I think not. That is, if Germany keeps on playing like they did the last match against Argentina, Spain doesn’t stand a chance.

Then of course, if Germany plays like they started in the World Championship, Spain has a good chance to start strong, and then “lock the game” in order to win.
So I think it really depends on how Germany is playing.

Who do you think will win, Germany or Spain? My tip is 2:0 for Germany :slight_smile:

Ah missed this thread… was too excited - I’ve bet money on Spain. :smiley:

Congrats, molona, looking forward to an encore on Sunday :smiley:

Thank you, thank you… bows gracefully

I think that Germany got to coincided after destroying Argentina the team that most people that I’ve come in contact with were hoping would win. The Poll in this thread clearly showed that Spain was the underdog, and one should never under estimate the underdog.

Even the Spanish fans in the bar I went to were well-behaved, so certainly a deserved win. A very exciting final from two teams who have never won it before, for once!

Excuse me? who said that Spain would not win? :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:
The match has finished 30 sec. ago and…Spain is the winner! :sing: Oe Oe Oe :sing:

Not me :x

Nice game! Congrats molona and all other Spanish members :slight_smile:

Awesome match. Now that Spain has defeated Germany, it is Spain all the way.

I knew it. :frowning:

But congrats to Spain. They were clearly the better team today.

I think Spain will win, but I hope Germany. Would be great to have a Holland - Germany final again :slight_smile: As long as the Dutch win ofcourse!

Ever heard of Pars pro toto ? :smiley:
So no, I’m not calling molona tempramental :cool:

Spaniard you are. He just said you are temperamental.

My money’s on Germany as well, especially after their performance against Argentina. Argentina and Spain’s style of play is not too dissimilar, with the short frequent passing and desire to keep possession of the ball. That imploded for Argentina against Germany, and I think it might happen against Spain too.

Still, anything can happen. That’s part of the fun of punditry. :slight_smile:

Germany will win, no doubt !

Are you calling me a temperamental Spaniard? How do you dare? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that Spain has as many chances as winning as Germany and, well, I guess I must go with my country. But who knows? Spain get Germainy in the European Championship… they’ll surely search for revenge! :smiley:

I agree (with ScallioXTX). Spain have been playing good football. Germany is just playing great football. Of all the German teams i can remember, and of all the teams in this cup, this German team is showing what team work is all about.

If Spain wants to seriously content in this game, they should really take Torres out. He is severely out of form.

My prediction: 4 (and possibly more): 1 for Germany.

As much as I want Germany to win, I have a weird gut feeling that Spain will make it. :frowning:

I am pretty sure they’ll not let Torres play this time. The previous games have shown that he’s still not quite fit, so they’ll have someone else there, like Fabregas or the like.

Germany is without Müller. That’s a BIG setback because there’s no substitute. Trochowski is likely going to take his place and that guy just isn’t any good, sorry to say. Cacau would be great but he’s still suffering from his stomach muscle-strain. Then there’s Kroos. He’s good but he’s played a total of 5 minutes maybe?

And, Spain won against Germany back in the Europe Cup finals two years ago. That might be an advantage, psychologically. I find Spain to be the strongest opponent of them all. Argentina had strong individualists, but they weren’t all that convincing as a team. Spain, on the other hand, is a very functional team.

If they can eliminate Xavi, Iniesta and Villa, then I say they stand a chance. Since that is unlikely, I say Spain wins this 2:1.

Germany are looking good i have a feeling they will go all the way.