Find me a handle in .js file

No, what you have to enter is $min_documentRoot = realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../../..');

I entered, but still it does not work.

Okay, than that probably wasn’t the problem.

Looking at the script some more I see it’s trying to include wp-content/plugins/estore/lib/jquery.cookie.js and wp-content/plugins/estore/lib/jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js, and both of those files don’t exists.

In that case minify also gives the error 400. Do you know to which plugin those files belong? Can you try turning off the plugin and see if it works then?

I deactivated the said plugin and now the rotator works. But is it the solution? I need the plugin

Apparently that estore plugin is broken in that includes javascript files that don’t exist. So you can either try to contact the author of the estore plugin and ask him to fix his plugin, or disable the minify plugin.
Or if you’re tech savvy you could try to fix the estore plugin yourself.

In this context I would like to ask you few things:

1. (I may be wrong) I saw that post-minify, the script files appear in the footer (which is what it should be). Meaning along with minification it also places the javascript, jquery files at proper locations. Is it true?
  2. If I just pick the script files, and minify externally, replace the content back to original files. Will it work or break my site? (say, I disable the minify plugin).
  3. Could you explain this “estore plugin is broken in that includes javascript files that don’t exist
  4. Do the scripts of wp-cycle and eStore plugin are similar and hence clash?

From what I can see the plugin doesn’t change when scripts are loaded, only how (i.e. minify and combine first, instead of just putting them in the page)

This would work fine, no problem.

The estore plugin is asking WP to load two javascript files that don’t exist. So when it tell wordpress to go and load those files, wordpress tells the minify plugin to load the files, but the minify plugin then fails because the files don’t exist.
It’s a bit like me asking you to get me something from another room, but what I’m asking for is not in that room, so you can not get it for me.

So it has nothing to do with the scripts clashing, it’s about one script asking something impossible of the other script.

Thanks for the answers. Lastly, I opened the eStore folder and did find the two files, namely jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js and eStore_read_form.js there as shown in the page source. Inside they looked like proper files. Could they be broken? (I will need this info to ask the publisher)

Are the filenames exactly wp-content/plugins/estore/lib/jquery.cookie.js and wp-content/plugins/estore/lib/jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js ?

If there is a tiny difference (for example eStore instead of estore) the scripts won’t work.

And it’s not that the scripts are broken, the minify script can’t find them, so the filenames that are asked for do not exist.

I believe the filenames match. Is there some sort of Path statement in websites/servers like we have in DOS?

I ask this because I need all, eStore, Wp-cycle and automatic minification. (I will hate using external site for minification)

Okay, I just checked, and the following files do ~not~ exist on your website

1. wp-content/plugins/estore/lib/jquery.cookie.js
  2. content/plugins/estore/lib/jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js

The following files ~do~ exist

1. wp-content/plugins/eStore/lib/jquery.cookie.js
  2. content/plugins/eStore/lib/jquery.lightbox-0.5.pack.js

You appear to be hosting on *nix (unix or linux) and that is case sensitive, so estore (lower case “s”) is ~not~ the same as eStore (upper case “S”) !

So the eStore plugin is referencing the wrong files (probably developed on windows, which is not case sensitive, so this problem doesn’t occur there).

The files in page source shows the capital S, in eStore, which is what exists on the server.

You mean to say that capital S is not allowed? Should I change them to lowercase?

It’s allowed. Just make sure that what ever you decide on that the case is the same everywhere the name is. (files, db, config?)

If the script files are all lowercase it might be easier to change the file names than to the hack files.