Finding a Content Writing Partner?

Does anyone here ever partner up? How do you find a reliable partner? I’m on the internet marketing side (10+ years, in-house and agency), but obviously every side project I entertain needs content.

I’ve posted on Craigslist that I was looking for a partner and all I got was 49 emails from fat dudes with moustaches who own WAY too much leather. Was also thinking about attending a writer’s meetup group, but I think my chances of finding a writer who actually wants to build a site is thin.

To those of you who have collaborated long-term, did you find someone to work with online or in person?

It m ight help if you explain what you mean by a “partner”. It’s a vague word, that could mean different things in different contexts.

If you mean that you want someone who you can delegate your content-writing to, then that’s what you should ask for. You’ll get a better response if people know what you are looking for.

Assuming that is what you want, I personally wouldn’t bother with the likes of Craiglist, or similar sites. A competent freelance writer does not look for work on such sites. I would start by asking around for a personal recommendation. If that doesn’t work, search for someone advertising their services in your area. And if your budget runs to it, consider approaching an agency.

Mike

you can post your requirement on different websites, like peopleperhour, odesk, fiverr and more. i think that is helpful

Rather than partner, why not hire ghost writers or accept guest blogging?

As the OP has never returned, there seems little point in continuing this thread.

Thanks to all who replied.

Thread closed.