Finding a Quality Content Writer is so difficult

Hi All,

I have great difficulty finding a very good content writer for my website. Having tried quite a few writers I find that the standard thus far has been rather poor. Ideally I would like a person from a journalistic background as I believe that they have a true art with words and writing in general. I would like someone that is a expert in this area and I would wondering if any of you good people happen to know how to find a person that can fit this bill? Please do let me know and your experiences as this would be helpful to others too.

Thanks

S

Best place to find great content writers based on my experience is Elance.

You can go through tons of resumes and portfolios and shortlist without spending a dollar.

Not to mention, there are tons of coupons out there that’ll get you $100 or $50 worth of work for free.

(I am not affiliated with Elance in any way)

Thanks Searchnetics much appreciated. I will look into it.

Quick follow up question, what is the best way to use a new article for SEO, ie setup a blog on my website or is add a new webpage.

Thanks in advance

There was a post a couple of days ago about blogging which may be interesting to you.

thanks Rubble

There’s also another excellent post by Searchnetics here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?1201572-How-to-perform-content-marketing-effectively&p=5644602&viewfull=1#post5644602 That should help, too.

Thanks a lot for the mention Technobear.

And to answer your question Si2010… A blog is generally a better idea for content marketing.

Static pages are used for things like: About, Contact, T&C, Disclaimers, etc.

This is a tough one. I’ve always know that hiring writers would be a smart way to leverage more content, but I can’t get away from the fact that the best writer for my site and blog is probably ME. This is probably true for most people unless you’re a horrible writer. If I ever even considered a writer for my blog, I’d plan on paying a lot per post. I’ve gotten average quality articles written for $20-50 from providers on Elance but I would plan on paying $100-200 per post to get the type of quality I want. Up to this point, I’ve just written the posts myself since I haven’t been able to justify spending that much.

You can try Odesk where you can find a few good content writers. However, you would need to pay at least $20+ pa for a good writer and $80+ pa for one your are describing. If you are struggling to find a topic to write yourself can I suggest that you look at similar sites as yours and see if you could pick a few ideas. Finding a good writer is one problem and getting regular works from them another. They are slow in delivering the work in most cases as they have other projects as well. I found you need to keep chasing them.

I would look into inviting guest bloggers to write for you. I have other people write article for one of my health websites for free. I pay nothing and in return I let them link back to their website which benefits them with a backlink and benefits me with free 100% unique content. This a great way to get content for free, but watch out for duplicated content. Always use copyscape to get its originality. Hope this helps!

You can use forums and post your offer there, you will find lots of high quality blog pots writers and they will help. At the same time, you can search for good bloggers and ask them to works together, that technic works well if you pick blogger who just started a-nd they are motivated.

…having first checked the rules to ensure the forum permits such things, of course. Job offers and other forms of advertising/solicitation are not welcome on SitePoint, for example.

As the OP hasn’t returned to this thread in over two months, I think it’s safe to assume they have sufficient information.

Thread closed.