Fire Chosen jquery's onchange for js click image selects item

I am using Image Click Selects Dropdown Item. When using Chosen jQuery, onchange not fire. I am not familiar with js, thus would like to know code exactly on “$(“form_field”).addEvent(‘change’, … );”.

<select id="DropdownListID" name="DropdownListName" onchange="SelectAnItem(this.selectedIndex)">
    <option>Select here or click a pattern above.</option>
    <option>Fleur</option>
    <option>Nine Patch</option>
    <option>Pink Gate</option>
    <option>Sand Dollar</option>
    <option>Sandria</option>
    <option>Blue Wheel</option>
    </select>
    // Place 2 --
    // Specify the leading characters of the id values assigned
    //    to the images. The leading characters would be the id
    //    value up to the image number.

var LeadingImagesIdValue = "ImageID";

//
    // End of customization.
    // // // // // // // // // //

function SelectAnItem(ndx) {
    var d = document.getElementById(DropdownListIdValue);
    for( var i=0; i<d.length; i++ ) {
    d[i].selected = false;
    var imgi = i + 1;
    if( imgi < d.length ) {
        document.getElementById(LeadingImagesIdValue+imgi).style.borderColor = "#ffffff"; }
    }
    d[ndx].selected = true;
    if( ndx > 0 ) {
    document.getElementById(LeadingImagesIdValue+ndx).style.borderColor = "#999999"; }
    }

SelectAnItem( document.getElementById(DropdownListIdValue).selectedIndex );
    //--></script>

Please stop using //<!-- and //–> for those only serve a beneficial purpose when want to stop web browsers that are unable to understand script tags from showing the code on the web page. The list of web browsers that this affects is pretty much only Netscape 1.0 from 1995, because Netscape 2.0 in 1996 invented JavaScript - so please - there’s no need for those comment tags now.

On your query - may I please see the rest of the script that you are wanting to convert? What you have provided there is somewhat incomplete, so a link to a website with further details about it would be useful.