Firefox 4 and Roboform 6

Lastpass works with Firefox 5 just fine and dandy. And it is FREE.

Thanks mudsharky (see post May 09) for your tip on getting Roboform V6.10 to work with the latest version of Firefox. I’ve followed your instructions, and It works even for the newest Firefox (V5). Like many forum members, I too was surprised and disappointed when I discovered what appeared to be a free upgrade to the latest Roboform for paid users of V6 turned out to be 30 day TRIALWARE. I have read some posts that side with Siber System’s decision to end support of Roboform V6 for Firefox V4 and later, arguing that they should not be compelled to honor “lifetime” licenses for all future releases of the browser. They may have a point, but the way Siber Systems went about marketing the upgrade to previous license holders was deceptive at least. So, if there is a way to continue using Roboform V6 (and benefit from the improvements of the latest version of Firefox) without paying this company another penny, I’m in favor of spreading the word.

As for dumping Roboform altogether, I’ve seen reports in early May of security breaches for LastPass Password Manager, which stores the info remotely (“in the cloud”), so I prefer to keep my passwords encrypted AND stored locally, as I believe is the case for Roboform V6.

Thanks again for your help.

i feed up from roboform, its truly got into my nerves, now am using autofill for firefox and i am satisfied with easy to use menu:)

You have nothing to worry about. If LastPass is breached, the only thing the attacker will get is AES-256 encrypted blobs of data. Your passwords never leave your computer unencrypted when sent to LastPass. LastPass cannot even decrypt it themselves. Alright. The encryption key never leaves your computer, is never stored at LastPass. In otherwords you lose the key and you lose the data to your LastPass database. The folks at LastPass cannot recover it nor your data.

The encryption is done 100% locally on your machine. So it does exactly what you want, encrypted and stored locally with cloud sync to all your devices.

Best of all, it is free, no strings attached. It also works with Firefox 5 almost right out of the gate. No “pay us to update” BS.

BTW, LastPass only had one breach since its inception. The way they handled it is a text book example of how you should deal with security.
They fully disclosed all the details here: http://blog.lastpass.com/2011/05/lastpass-security-notification.html

I totally agree! I was unable to use my computer to get to the internet for a long time. When I did finally make it back and I tried to reinstall RoboForm I was told that I could chose to stay with ver6 or pay to upgrade to ver7. I was shocked!

When I bought my RoboForm, as many of you did, they were advertising that it was a lifetime deal. That I would never have to pay for upgrades! But now they are telling me I have to pay??

This is a US based company and as such is accountable for keeping their word as advertised. Otherwise, what they are doing is called “Bait and Switch” and will have a hard time attempting to convince a Court of Law that even though they advertised “free lifetime upgrades” that they have a right to start charging those of us that have bought their product with the Lifetime conditions.

If they want to start charging for upgrades then that is their prerogative to do so. But not at our expense. They need to set up a grandfather clause for all of us that bought RoboForm when it was advertised as “free lifetime upgrades” and anyone that buys it after that has to pay for upgrades.

If enough people are interested I do believe a class action should be started over this. Siber Systems should not be allowed to get away with advertising “lifetime” upgrades and then turn around and charge. It’s just not right.

I live in a extremely rural area, trying to convince a class action lawyer to look into this when I live in a village that has more dogs than people is not going to happen.

If anyone else manages to get someone to listen and at least see how many of us are out here before they decide it’s worth taking it on (which I’m sure with the publicity that a case like this would create they will)…SIGN ME UP!

i had firefox and was not workable , if you know you why ?

firefox 4 hmmmm im olready on firefox 7.0.1
but if they force to upgrade to 7 than y did not have a lifetime update on program
think by the way it is stupid but on the other hand if every body just 1 time ther product they wil not maintain ther bussnis very long

Firefix now up to V8 and i still have to use v3 to use Roboform V6. They got to do something. this just isn’t right.

Can someone try this and see if it works for the current Firefox and Roboform 6?

1. Install latest Roboform 7.
  2. Copy folder “c:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\Firefox\” to another location.
  3. Install Roboform 6.10.2 – (don’t un-tick option to install adapter for Firefox).
  4. Replace “c:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\Firefox\” with your copy from 7.2.7 version.

Its the same as was posted earlier and I cannot see immediately why it should not work.

I am already so skittish about security i am too fearful to try the work around, even though we do own the software.[life time]. I have two computers and on my new one i just gave up on Roboform right now. I still have it but have been using another password manager and logging in with the old computer and the new manager picks up the password and links to the new computer. And it doesn’t matter if it is Firefox 4 - 8, Roboform 3 just doesn’t work

I’m affected by Sieber Systems too. Paid for roboform 6 and can’t use it in Firefox (you can only use it to Firefox 3.5 as maximum) with the well known hack just to firefox 5.
Any ideas out there? I don’t want another alternative and want to store passwords locally not, on servers.
Any hack to make it work on Firefox 11?

It is great.
I m used to with Firefox and recently i installed Robo Form.
with the help of robo form ma submission are going twice or more than