Firefox start up errors

Last night I got a virus on my laptop which kept running Anti malware doctor. I think I’ve managed to get rid of that and there’s also some kinda hijack browser which I’m not entirely sure I’ve gotten rid of just yet.

Since running all my antivirus software, superantispyware, spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes anti malware - I can’t start up Firefox.

I’ve done a clean reinstall and still same problem. The error message is something like the instruction at “0x780a77a9” referenced memory at “0x780a77a9”. The memory could not be “written”.

I’ve restored my latop to a point in time last week and still same problem. I trying installing to a different folder and now I don’t even get the error but see the application listed under task manager.

Its driving me nuts and I so hate using IE, can anyone help please??!

If it keeps reappearing, ‘something’ else is running and restoring it.

Try Hijackthis.

UPDATE - I killed a start up task duob.exe. I installed WinPatrol and its telling me that this keeps trying to start up, location is C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\Application Data\Yxobir\duob.exe

So long as I stop it Firefox will run just fine. The annoyance is despite deleting the folder and exe, WinPatrol keeps popping up with this alert!