FireFox VS Chrome

Why do people use Chrome? I’m still a huge FireFox fan. What is the real advantages to move to Chrome.

Common people thought that the browsing speed of Chrome is higher than FireFox. But only the developers can understands the values and the benefits of FireFox.

May I ask which browser you use?

I don’t like Chrome because it makes many separate tasks when starting…if there are any add-ins installed. I haven’t this problem on Firefox.

Just like with my Dreamweaver. I keep trying to switch to chrome but for one reason or another I end up missing my Firefox. But still chrome is buggy on my XP.

You guys are speaking my language. I’m still in love with the tool bar with FILE, EDIT, VIEW, HISTORY etc.
Chrome doesn’t really play that nice with that.

I’ve just dialed in my Firefox with addons and such for webbys. Made a single search/URL bar etc

In regards to your opening thread, personally at this time I do not see a substantial advantage of moving over to Chrome. Firefox provides all that I need with regards to flexibility and customization. I like the ease of being able to relocate the Menu bar and Bookmarks Toolbar where I like them in Firefox.
To me, in my personal opinion. at this time there are a lot more plugins to use in Firefox than Chrome.
But this may change over time, Chrome is continuing to improve at a rapid rate and I will say that it does seem to use less resources than Firefox on my CPU.
With that being said, most of my associates and counterparts use Firefox and have not as of yet migrated to Chrome.

I think that the fact that Google has been pushing Chrome extensively by means of advertisements on TV, YouTube, and such forth may have something to do with people starting to use Chrome. It is eye candy, it’s from Google, and it integrates well with Gmail, Google Drive and other services.

I keep trying to switch because chrome mobile and desktop sync is top notch. Opposed to Firefox sync that I can never get to work

Just an FYI, I don’t find this to be a fair statement. Firefox does this, you just don’t see it. In Firefox the addons are processed within the main thread, in Chrome, they separate them out 1) to sandbox them, 2) to be able to monitor them more effectively and alert you when the plugin is misbehaving. In the end, you have a similar process by both browsers, just implemented differently and Chrome’s implementation is more transparent than Firefox’s.

Just wanted to clear that up.

I personally have switched to Chrome full time for a few reasons. 1) the Linux support is better than most other browsers, 2) I can sync between computers/tablets/phones easily so my bookmarks are always with me (Firefox did not have this option when I needed it), and 3) I personally like the much less cluttered look to the browser, it allows me to focus on the content and not the plugins/extensions/menu.

I used opera and firefox extensively until I switched to chrome.

The main issue was that opera and firefox couldn’t handle all the tabs I had open simultaneously, and would randomly crash. Or, the firefox/opera process would slowly climb up to using 1.5GB of RAM, then crash. Chrome doesn’t seem to have those issues at the moment.

There are a few things that I don’t like about chrome, but they are minor nitpicky things.

As for the business environment, I exclusively support and deploy IE9/10 and Chrome. Firefox simply does not have a distributable MSI installation file or ADM/ADMX template for group policy.

There are many features that are now built directly into all of the different browsers - Chrome, Opera, IE - that are still only available as extensions in Firefox.

Firefox is also a lot slower in processing JavaScript than the latest versions of all the other browsers - you have to go back to IE8 to find another browser that slow in running scripts.

I agree with you sir! That’s also my problem when using Firefox. That’s why I choose Chrome as my browser now.

I’ll stick with Firefox for as long as it’s the only browser to offer the option to “zoom text only”. I find that such an important accessibility/usability feature that I don’t understand why Chrome and other browsers don’t offer it.

There’s a userscript available for Opera to add that functionality - http://indigo176.blinkenshell.org/zoom-text2/

Presumably that script can also be adapted to work with Chrome and Internet Explorer.

One of the few instances where Firefox has something built in that you need to add on to other browsers - mostly it is the other way around with dozens of addons being needed to give Firefox much of the same functionality as the others have built in.

Google Chrome uses less resources, so the computer runs faster, for example on my laptop with integrated VGA Firefox sometimes freezes and the PluginContainer.exe uses huge amounts of processing power, even when you are not watching a flash video anymore.

Google Chrome has a very simple design which allows us to browse faster than any internet browser out there. But google chrome comes with bookmark facilities it automatically imports all your bookmarks, etc…

Google chrome and Mozilla fire fox both are good web browsers but i like most fire fox because it is compact,don’t need any extra adon’s & lees use of windows memory can make fire fox best from other web browsers.

Would you ever use Safari on a windows computer?

That’s not really a viable option anymore, as Apple seems to have halted development for Safari on Windows. The latest version for windows is currently 5.1.7, and the latest version for OS X is 6.0.4.