Firefox yes, IE no

Hi,
I’m getting a little bit confused and angry as well… I’m created a small .swf flash animation in 3DFlash Animator, inserted it into my webpage ‘somepage.php’ and went on to view it in my browser… :rolleyes:
In Firefox 1.0.7 everyting is OK, but IE6 simply ‘refuses’ to open it. When I try to open JUST the somefile.swf in IE6, the browser first says that it blocked a file with active content that can access my computer. After I ‘tell’ the browser to allow the blocked content, it opens the animation. However, when the animation is included into the php source, in IE6 where the animation is supposed to be, there is only a white rectangle and the browser even doesn’t indicates that there IS some blocked content… :mad:
PLZ Help!

I’ve tried this :

<head>
<script language="javascript" src="objectscript.js"></script>
</head>

and then in the body :

<script language="javascript">
writeFlash('flashcontainer');
</script>

My ‘objectscript.js’ file is:

function writeFlash(id) { 
	document.getElementById(id).innerHTML = '<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
  codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash6/cabs/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
  id="flshcontainer" width=100 height=100>
<param name=movie value="voxnew1.swf">
<param name=quality value=autohigh>
<param name=bgcolor value=#FFFFFF>
<param name=wmode value=transparent>
<embed src="voxnew1.swf" quality=autohigh bgcolor=#FFFFFF
	 width=100 height=100 wmode=transparent type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
	 pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</embed></object>';
}

‘Theoretically’ this MUST work but it does NOT! :mad:
any ideas?

Here’s a solution:

1. create a ‘ieupdate.js’ file:

objects = document.getElementsByTagName("object");
for (var i = 0; i < objects.length; i++)
{
    objects[i].outerHTML = objects[i].outerHTML;
}

1. paste above your <object> tag :

<script type="text/javascript" src="ieupdate.js"></script>

:smiley:

Thanks for helpful info!

I’ve been following this with avid attention, as I’ve been having a heck of a lot of problems getting a .swf film to play in IE6.

Two things, firstly, can you post the code for your total body please ? Including all of the object code.

Lastly, is it possible for you to post a link to where the film can be shown ?

Any help much appreciated.

Dez,

Are you working on a local copy or from a server? When you view local .swf files in a browser IE tends to “block” them, especially if they contain links.

It could also be that you need to update Flash. IE and Firefox use separate installations of Flash. When you update Flash in Firefox, IE is still using the old version. I would try updating Flash in IE first, though if it works in IE7 already this may not be the problem.

I agree with the above poster. Sometimes IE blocks flash from displaying locally.

Always try to test server-side. :slight_smile:

Does this now work with IE 6 and Flash 6 ?