First timer troubles

Hi,
I’m a newbie here and to website development. I’m having trouble viewing the content in the webpages I’m currently designing. I have a saved html file called hompage that won’t display anything below the header and navigation tags; I added a body content div with a <h2> and it won’t show up in my browser. I checked all the tags and everything seems correct but I must have missed something. Also I created a css file for the website, and everything I’ve added to that thus far won’t show up either. Again I checked the tags and link to the homepage and everything seems fine. I can’t figure out why its only displaying part of the mark up I’ve typed out. Could I send the pages to someone to look through? It’s brand new so there’s practically nothing to them, very short. I appreciate any help
-Josh

Hi Josh,
Welcome to Sitepoint!
By all means post a link to your site here and we’ll have a look and see if we can figure out why it is misbehaving. But first, have you tried running it through the W3C Validator? That checks that all your code is properly put together, and if it throws up any errors, those could well be what’s causing your problems.

Well the W3C worked like a charm, thanks very much! Just as I suspected, a few stupid mistakes. cheers

W3C Validator … checks that all your code is properly put together, and if it throws up any errors,

I don’t actually thinks it vomits… your errors Stevie. ==XD
Sorry… I couldn’t help myself.

As Stevie said, validating your code goes a long way and will save you a lot of aspirin.