- It uses AJAX (scroll down to see it in action)
- Day/Night theme (we're quite proud of this; choose with the buttons on the right side)
The website should also work in IE.
What are your thoughts about the website?
And since we don't have much content - most importantly - which games should we add?
Hey Not a bad site, but I think there are a lot of space for improvement.
1. Facebook panel, isn't responsive, and if i decide to resize my Chrome window, FB covers everything. I haven't tried that with phone/tablet though.
2.I have difficulties reading the text on your Logo. Too many dark colours there.
4.Loading more games slutter a bit on my end. I am using a low end laptop right now, but still it is annoying.
5.IF i were you, I would have add more text content on the site, change your title to more "easy" keywords, so you can have some chance to attract organic searches. That could be best done with blog.
6.Consider using Gamification, for example, you can set online leaderboard, host some weekly competition for some of the games.
Just a few quick ideas, that crossed my mind. Good luck with you project!
I like the overall appearance and website design.It loads easily. the day/night features are cool. i tried several pages and they all seem to be working good.
You can analyze the latest game which are in market now..
you can add games accordingly.
Some more suggestions:
- Hovering over the logo, each letter has an own hover state but this has no function: clicking on each letter has the same effect (> to homepage); I should give the logo only one hover appearance.
- Ah, also the "All" button is linking to the homepage. Then only 1 link is needed and the "All" hover state can go simultaneously with the logo hover state; together they can get a tooltip "Home / All".
- The Random button (last one right in the menu) isn't very clear; I should give it a tooltip (title="Random"), and place it just after the RPG button: it belongs to the menu options. The Google Search can be the last one.
- In the daylight version, the white clouds are overwhelming and take more attraction then the game boxes; you could give them some more transparency.
- In the night version, the text-color of "No more games " should be white (just as the change in the "New / Popular / Recommended" at the top).
- The "No more games " sounds rather negative. I should use a more neutral / positive text, something like "The End! " of "That's all folks! ".
- The green hover background on the middle column (Popular) is almost the same color as the Play button; I should give it a more contrasting background color (yellowish?), that will highlight the Play button more.
quite a nice site with a responsive design. I also one of the owners of a gaming site, so here are my thoughts:
1. You can get more games from http://fgl.com Log in and contact the developer. You should pay them to get the game. Also I know that various sites offers free games to place on other sites (like myplaycity.com, fupa.com notdoppler.com - see at the bottom of these sites:) Anyway, there are plenty of sources where you can get free flash game published on your own website. Keep on publishing flash games of various genres.
2. Do something with your logo. It's too simple and not ecouraging at all. Make it more bright or even draw a character for it like bigfishgames did it.
3. I'd recommend you adding Adsense to your website. Context ads in particular - to earn som money:) Also you can use mochi ads - to show video or banner ads before the game starts. Yes, it's a bit annoying, but still a nice source of earning money
4. I'd suggest you adding some more info below the "Play" button (and there is space for it). For example, key features, the number of plays etc.
5. Definitely add TOP-10 games on your homepage. You can place it below "Do you like Porky Games?" block.
6. Fill in the blank field between google search block and "random game". I'd suggest you adding there some icons that will link to about-the-company page or contact us page. They are obligatory!
7. Enhance your game descriptions with game features and also you can add some banners on both sides of the game on the game page, because the game page seems too boring.
8. Also it's a great idea to add 'back to the top' button which should appear when a user scrolls down you page and it will be much more handy to push this single button to get back to the beginning than to sroll up again for ages:)
that's my first glance at your website... have no time to dig it deeper:) hope this'd be helpful!
I like it, but I think a different background would uplift the website more. Seems a bit dull, away from the excitement of a game site. Maybe a flash header, and a bit more color might help. I like the transparent theme, but maybe not over due it on the header. Just my 2cents.
Overall good, but slow, it is taking more time to load. I will recommend, use cloud servers, for your website.
First of all, I like how you are using HTML 5 quite effectively on your site.
The problems I have are:
- I think the logo needs to be more prominent and more cohesive. Right now it looks like it does not belong and was tacked on.
- The night theme does not look as good as the day theme. It looks very childish.
Website looks good and easy to use.
You can improve your logo and background image to make it more cooler and happening.
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.