Flippa Poor Services and Dishonesty/False Claims on financial matters

Below is the interaction of Flippa’s ticket system with me and one of their staff. I appreciate any sort of advice regarding this matter. I am currently trying to retrieve my money which was debited twice for the same purpose which is the Flippa’s success fee. A fee to be paid when you successfully sold your website there. However, I was charged twice in my transactions. And false claims were given to me stating the money has been refunded, but the fact is, it has not. If I have not closely inspected my accounts and transactions from my card, I would have been blindly charged an amount of $147. The amount may be small to some, but what matters is the conduct, especially for a big corporation such as Flippa. I’ve search in this forum and found another similar case as mine or at least close to similar. The link is over here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?855628-Flippa-will-never-say-sorry-to-you!

Thanks for contacting Flippa Customer Support.

Upon reviewing the transaction pertaining to your Flippa Listing, we can see that the Escrow transaction was not successfully completed, and as such the Flippa Success Fee was not deducted.
As such, we won’t be refunding your success fee that you’ve paid via WorldPay (Credit Card).

Please let us know if you need further information or assistance.

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support.

July 31, 2012 02:16 pm

fatasyxaga
Hello,

How is the escrow transaction not successfully completed? I received my cheque which was already deducted the flippa success fee. My website sold for $2950. My cheque I received at hand was only $2704.65 which I have sent for clearance. Which means I am only getting 2704.65 in cash.

Here are the figures:
$2950-$38.35-$147-$60=$2704.65.
(2950 is the website sold, 38.35 is the escrow fee, 147 IS THE FLIPPA SUCCESS FEE, and 60 is the FedEx cheque shipment fee)

In my cheque is already deducted the amount of the success fee, and my card is also deducted the amount. Now I am paying double success fee. Please explain how it is not successfully completed. My question is this, where did the $147 in the cheque go? Here, clearly shows I am already paying double success fees. Please review clearly at your end and get back to me. Thank you.

July 31, 2012 06:56 pm

James @ Flippa Customer Support
Flippa

Hi fatasyxaga,

Thank you for alerting us to this issue, we will forward the matter to the development team, and update you with a progress report as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have added 29 Flippa Credits to your account, while we continue to investigate the matter of the $147 Flippa Success Fee.

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support.

August 02, 2012 10:19 am
Flippa

If you have fully completed the transaction via Escrow.com , Flippa’s success fee is automatically deducted from total sale amount.

You don’t have to action another payment for the success fee. You will not be debited twice for the success fee, if you have already paid the success fee via Escrow.com .

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support.

August 02, 2012 02:26 pm
fatasyxaga
Hello,

Yes it is already deducted from the total sale amount in Escrow. I am only receiving the amount after the deduction of Flippa success fee in my cheque. Plus, my debit card has already been debited another $141.28. There is definitely no mistake in my end that another deduction occur on the 31/7/2012 with an amount of $141.28 from FLIPPA.COM CANABERRA AU AUS in my card. After close inspection of all my accounts and emails, I have got to known that the $147 was paid as I received an email of the invoice in my email on 28th July 2012 and which the invoice was dated 5th July 2012. So the question is, where and for what the deduction of $141.28 in my debit card go?
Definitely there is deduction in my cheque and in my card. I wish for a prompt resolution in this case. Thank you.

August 02, 2012 03:29 pm
fatasyxaga
To add on to my previous response. The $141.28 which was deducted from my debit card should be amounting to $147 USD as it was a $141.28 AUD deduction. Hence I have been debited twice without any mistake.

August 03, 2012 04:26 pm
Flippa

Flippa Invoice #: 336603 has been refunded.

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support.

August 03, 2012 05:09 pm
fatasyxaga
Thank you for the resolution for this matter. May I ask how is the $147 being refunded? I have checked my debit card and there is no credit of that amount in it.

August 03, 2012 08:12 pm
fatasyxaga
There is still no credit of $147 into my card balance as of today.

August 04, 2012 10:54 pm
fatasyxaga
Hello,

As of today I am still not being credited the $147. The money was never refunded according to your previous statement “Flippa Invoice #: 336603 has been refunded.”. The only thing stated in my account was invoice refunded, but there was never a credit of $147. Please do not make false claims. I would be grateful for any prompt resolution in my case. Thank you.

August 06, 2012 11:53 am
fatasyxaga
Hello,

It appears your end it taking this matter too lightly. There is no refund whatsoever despite the claims of your staff saying “It has already been refunded”. It has been a week of my ticket and I was slapped with a false claim regarding my refund. I am checking my card every single day just to inspect on the $147 credit by Flippa but there was no refund ever given. I am very disappointed by the weak customer support, with no further notice regarding this matter. Also, by the weak finance system of your company for possibly allowing financial mistakes to occur by charging your customers twice. I would not mind any mistake on your end but I expect a prompt resolution especially when it involves money issues. The mistake was not mine in the first place, but I have to deal with this inconveniences arising from this matter. I am very unhappy that your end has provided me with false claims of my refund and it is clear that your side has not properly looked into this matter. Added to that are the slow responses by your staffs. Your service has provide me a very great inconvenience. Please provide further responses and look into this matter. As a warning, I will proceed with legal involvement within 48 hours for false financial claims/fraud if no further action or responses is given. Thank you.

Hi juz_khris

The credit card providers can take a few days to process these refunds. We’ve double checked that they’ve been refunded from our end as of last Friday. You should see it in your account in the next few days. Be sure to let our guys know if it does not appear for some reason.

Outside of that, apologies for not keeping you better informed on how this was tracking. One of our support guys tried calling you earlier today and left a voicemail. We’ve added further credits to your account for any inconvenience caused.

I have received the credit today. As a feedback, Flippa could have improved on their responses especially on mistakes arising from their end which involves financial matters. I am very sure it doesn’t have to take 3-4 days to assure that my refund is being processed. Saying “Flippa Invoice #: 336603 has been refunded” assumes I am already given my credits and without any further description is very misleading. Maybe your side could have added more into the responses by saying “It will take a few days for it to be credited” etc. A short and proper response would have saved your customers and your end so much trouble. Apart from that, I hope that Flippa does not prioritize the responses only when a customer decides to escalate the issue. Thank you.

juz_khris, the fact that August 4th and 5th fell on a weekend may have accounted for some of the delay as Flippa works to only a skeleton staff on weekends.

I agree they could improve on their responses. At the very least, an apology for the mistake would have been nice in addition to a note that the refund may take a few days to reach your card.

It seems that it has all been resolved now and at least you got a few extra credits for the delay.