Flipping Websites for Fun and Profit

Anyone really new to site flipping? Or better yet any vets doing this day in and day out?

I have just started this journey (well at least reading up on it) and wanted to see what the general consensus of “website flipping” is.

Some questions that come to my mind:

1. How long does it take to flip a website from start to finish (I’m sure it varies) but an average turn-around time?

2. If you are selling a website - and building it from scratch what is the “minimum” monthly traffic that you are looking at in order to even be successful in selling your website.

Any insight and words of wisdom … lay it on me!

Thanks!

Prob better than most money making ideas I have had but still I don’t think your going to get rich from it. The site itself is prob worth very little. The only way I believe you’d be able to sell it for anything worth beans is if the site was able to gather a strong brand name and high traffic. Other than that sites are a dime a dozen these days.

What some people do is find people that might be willing to sell their website if the price is right, and then go out and find a buyer and collect a commission. That way you are selling something you don’t even own. I’ve seen a number of successful businesses run this way.

Dvduval,

Could you expand on this concept - in short is there a marketplace for such a business transaction, something like Flippa? Or would someone be using a site like Flippa, to look for these potential clients?

Sounds like an interesting idea - have you tried it out yourself?

Thanks for your response PicnicTutorials,

Rich might be a relative term, I am just looking for something that would be worth my efforts. For instance, all the man hours and the effort it is going to take to flip a site - with experience i’m sure that will be cut down significantly - but if not this are there any other ventures that you would recommend?

None that I have found. Thank goodness I have a couple sites I like manipulating. Otherwise I would have moved on long ago.