Float Probem?

I’m having an issue with some mock code I’m working on for a site for my client. I’m trying to get an element to display properly under another one. You can see my css code and design here:

http://groq.delachi.com/css-test/csstest.html

What I’m trying to do is get the <div id=‘navi-bar’> to sit right up under <div id=‘toolname’>. The ‘navi-bar’ div has an green border-bottom, but for some reason the border bottom shows right up under the ‘toolname’ div. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Delamatrix

Hi, the parents have collapsed because the <li> are floated. They make hte parent collapse because it doesn’t contain the floats. Make it do so :slight_smile:

.navi-bar ul{overflow:hidden;}

If you are doing a dropdown, use the clearfix instead :).

Thanks Ryan! Now the only problem is that my drop down sub menu seems to be trapped inside the div.

-Delamatrix

Read the lsat line of my post ;).
Remove overflow:hidden; and set class=“clearfix” on the <ul> (the top level one, not any others)

Then add the CSs from this

Thanks again Ryan. I totally read right over that, sorry for being a bonehead. Yep, the clearfix worked. I appreciate your quick response and help.

-Delamatrix

You’re welcome :). Any more questions just shout :p.

Off Topic:

Don’t worry about reading over it, trust me, I’ve dealt with much worse (not that you were bad) since I’ve joined here :wink: