Floating or layered images

I am looking to find a way to have an image float over my web page - whether stationary or moving, that people can click on. Not sure if this is the right forum, so please forgive me if this is the case.

I thought I should add more:

http://fixit2sellit.com/html/gallery.html

As you can see, I contain everything within div containers that are centred on the screen. I wanted to have a container that would position itself on the far right of the screen, and move with the screen as it 1) was made smaller, and 2) as you scroll down: I want a box with graphics in it that will always be visible on the right side of the window regardless of the window size.
Is this doable?
I am willing to have it static position vertically. Is this possible?

Another weird thing is happening here: when you look at the menu tab Kitchens, then look at the sub-tabs: General, Example #1, Example #2, and so on, you will see the whole content shift left to right a few pixels on some tables, yet stay in the same position on other tabs. I checked EVERYTHING (at least I think I did): the picture width is the same - the only thing that changes is the picture height, and the amount of text. Not sure what’s happening here.
This appears to be a Firefox problem - as well as in Chrome. But Explorer doesn’t have this problem. Explorer has its own problem, but the image links (buttons) have blue lines around them: any odeas?

sigh… :slight_smile:

You should look into parallax web design. You can float objects in a 2-D fashion and have them pass over each other, travel on the page at different speeds, etc. I used that technology for our recently redesigned website: www.dynamicdzine.com

Parallax takes some time to work with and get working correctly but the results are worth it!

How does one get that technology?

You can use Javascript for that but be aware that if that floating image is not really necessary instead of promoting or highlighting an important service, you may be annoying the user.