For web design is it really needed adobe PS cc or cs6, if I have FW cs6?

for web design is it really needed adobe PS cc or cs6, if I have FW cs6? For web design fireworks do the same job and more?

You don’t need any Adobe tools for web design. They are handy, but not essential. :slight_smile:

anyway all web design job of PS,… fireworks done it and more?

I have never used Photoshop. I did use Fireworks a number of years ago (before Adobe bought it from Macromedia) and it certainly did everything I wanted it for.

Why are you asking? If you’re using Fireworks, surely you can judge for yourself whether it does everything you need it to do?

I had a similar question a while back, wondering whether to use Fireworks or Photoshop as I’d heard a few benefits of each one, everyone gave me some good advice here:

Someone informed me that Fireworks isn’t been updated anymore so I’ve decided to try and pursue a course in Photoshop.

Yes, I’ve always intended to get into Fw a bit more, but the writing is on the wall for it now, so I won’t be opening it again.

Never used anything Adobe, but it’s certainly popular among people who know what they’re doing much more than I, so I won’t knock it.

I haven’t run into anything I’ve needed to do that couldn’t be accomplished with GIMP and Sublime Text, but that could just as easily be a failure of creativity on my part – And I run into cool new toys I’m amazed I ever lived without just about every day (Only recently discovered Emmet to plug into my ST. Ooooooh.)

Yeah, me too. Ooooooh indeed! :slight_smile:

I use Fireworks for slicing ,dicing and optimising as it is much more intuitive than PS (try cutting a section quickly in photoshop) and it does a better job at optimising images for the web.

However I also have to have photoshop because 99% of my work is converting from psd to html so I need to load the psds in photoshop to extricate the layers properly. Fireworks will handle psd files but often loses the layers which means you can’t slice properly.

I don’t do any graphic work at all apart from slicing and dicing so know nothing about how to draw using those packages apart from the very basics.

For mobile and web production, Fireworks streamlines your workflow.

Photoshop and Illustrator are design industry standard now. AfterEffects and inDesign would be solid assets as well. Both CC and CS6 are ok. I wouldnt recommend cs5 just because cs6 is a huge leap forward in terms of pixel perfect design and pretty much everything else.

So if you plan to ever start working in a big company i suggest you learn those, you are expected to work with sources from those programs. CC made “buying” those way easier so i d expect to get a full CC sub, everything else could be a pain to get considering software costs.

As for slicing — there are plenty of tools to do it in cs6. PNG Express would be a good thing to start with.
Get familiar with layer comps in PS and art boards in IL and you are good to go.