Force download on iPhone

Hey guys

I have a mobi site. I want to put a link to a 3gp file and force the phone to download the file. I tried all the usual stuff. eg.

content-dispostion and content type headers. I tried video/3gpp and application/octet-stream, etc. But on the iPhone, it says server not configured correctly. Works perfectly on every other phone. It just seems to be a problem with iPhone. And blackberry.

Does the same with images which I also need to force download. This has been driving me nuts. I have tried googling, but there are no proper results.

Thanks for any feedback

Well examining the specs on Apple’s site (and I own an iPhone), the device doesn’t list the 3gp file format as supported. My suspicion is that it’s glitching as it’s trying to open something that simply isn’t supported (as there’s no codec for it). As for images, you can’t force that download on iPhone’s (the device doesn’t natively “download” stuff in the same way a desktop would). Your best bet would be to link directly to the image so people can select what they want to-do with the image. :slight_smile: