Form, New Window/Tab, Target="_blank"

Hello i have a little problem with the target attribute ine the form below…

<form id="formReport" action="<?php echo $reportlink;?>" method="post" target="_blank">
		<input type="hidden" name="reportProject" value="1">
		<input type="hidden" name="idProjectRevision" value="<?php echo $idProjetRevision; ?>">
		<input type="hidden" name="generateButton" value="<?php echo $bouton_generate_report; ?>" >
	</form>

this form is submitted using the following .js code in order to generate a pdf

document.getElementById("formReport").submit();

the problem is that i get a popup (blocked by firfox by the way) instead of a new window or a tab, how do i solve this?

Regards

To open a new tab or window without a popup block problem is must occur as a result of your visitor clicking a link. Anything that you generate that isn’t from them clicking a link can be blocked by popup blockers.

i know that but in this particular case the clmient wasnt the pdf that is generated by the application to be opened in a tab or a window, it doesn’t matter… i just doesn’t want a popup blockied by Firefox… i open pdf generatyed by website or application all rthe time through ff or chrome and there is never a popup problem

The idea is to let your visitors decide where new pages open. That’s why the target attribute was deprecated in 1999 because of it taking away options from your visitors instead of adding them.

There is no way to open new tab instead of window. you can have an iframe as target.
For examples see the page below:
How to create a multi-submit form