Formatting error in IE8

Hi,

I don’t know why i am getting a formatting error on this page:-

http://kidsunlimi2.eweb102.discountasp.net/find-nursery.aspx

You will get a google popup just click OK on this as the site is not live yet…

I get 2 blue boxes when there should only be one. If you look in firefox it looks perfect.

Any ideas how i can fix this?

I need to set this site live asap…

Thanks again

Hi,

I copied the code for that section to a page of its own and it was working fine in IE8.

I’m guessing that the problem is due to one of the 81 errors on the page. There are either missing, badly nested or unmatched closing tags that are upsetting things.

I would go through that page bit by bit and match all the tags up until you get a valid structure. If the page is still broken after that then I’ll take another look :slight_smile:

As I said if just copy the code for that little section then it works fine so it must be the structure isn’t correct elsewhere.

ok - I’ve dones some more testing and it seems the problem is caused by the invalidly nested form here:

<div id="postcode-right">
      [B]  <form>[/B]
            <ul>
                <li>Enter your Postcode or Town/City</li>
                <li>
                    <input type="text" ID="TextBox1" style="width:220px; border:1px solid black;" />
                </li>
                <li>
                    <input type="button" ID="butt" class="postcode-submit" onclick="return butt_onclick()"/>
                </li>
            </ul>
        [B]</form>[/B]
    </div>
</div>

If you remove those form tags then it should work in IE8. You already have a form element around the whole page so you can’t nest more form elements.

Thank you soo much!

Really appreciate your help Paul.

Thanks again