Foxt Cart - Beginner Friendly?

Bonjour from 19 degree C mostly cloudy wetherby UK :slight_smile:

In the words of Martin Luther King “I have a dream” but unlike Luther my dream is to build an Ecommerce site with negligible help or cost from third parties but I need to know where I’m being naive. So heres what i want to do:

Design an Ecommerce site using front end skills only & get Foxy Cart to do the rest. More specifically imagine i wanted to design this site with my intermediate / Hacky front end developer skills:
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/zymurgy_bucket/halfords-buy-iconscopy.jpg

Would i have to design the entire look and feel with buy buttons eytc as in the screen grab example or does foxy cart fill in the rest. I guess i’m trying to get my head around how much of the front end development does foxy cart handle?

Any insights welcome :slight_smile:

G’day! (You guys speak French up there?)

i’m trying to get my head around how much of the front end development does foxy cart handle?

It handles none. You build your site all by yourself, as you normally would—with whatever styles and design you like—including the buttons. The form for the Reserve or Buy buttons links to your FoxyCart account. But other than this link, there’s nothing of FoxyCart on your site (except for some JavaScript to make the cart popup over the page).

The FoxyCart payment page that the user then is taken to can be styled to look like your site. But you have to do that yourself. It’s quite easy, but it’s up to you to copy your design code and use it on the FoxyCart page too. Otherwise, the FoxyCart payment page would be just basic, unstyled HTML.

Thanks Ralph :slight_smile:

[CASE CLOSED]